Principal or Vice Principal High School Principal (18-19 SY)
Indianapolis Public Schools is reinventing the high school experience by offering more college and career options and 100 percent school choice in the 2018-2019 school year. We know that our vision requires bold and innovative school leadership. With an increased salary range up to $150,000 annually and significant building autonomy, we are looking for leaders who are able to articulate a vision for excellence and work relentlessly to achieve this vision alongside students, staff, parents, and community members. Access and apply for the position posting here.
If you are interested in learning more about high school leadership with Indianapolis Public Schools, complete this short form, and a member of our leadership search committee will be in contact. If you have any questions, please email Alex Moseman at MosemanR@myips.org.
SUMMARY: Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) is looking for exceptional founding principals to lead our new, autonomous high schools focused on college and career readiness through innovative choice programs and career themed academies. By 2020, we expect every high school student in IPS to have either chosen a career pathway, be actively engaged in researching pathways, or be enrolled in one of IPS’ existing, high -performing choice programs.
Our new High Schools require bold and visionary leadership combined with relevant career experience and a demonstrated skill set. Specifically, we are looking for leaders who are able to articulate a vision for excellence and work relentlessly to achieve this vision alongside students, staff, parents, and community members. In addition to demonstrated instructional leadership, we are seeking individuals who are strong human capital managers and skilled in hiring, developing, and retaining mission-driven team members. Our principals must be able to navigate uncertainty, operate with autonomy, demonstrate strong judgement, and deliver results in an outcomes-oriented environment. Above all, we are looking for individuals who believe in the potential of our students and are passionate about demonstrating what is possible in secondary education.
As principal, you are the chief building administrator responsible for developing and implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities and budgets in a manner that promotes the educational development of each student and the professional development of each staff member. The principal is responsible for managing and overseeing all functions of the individual school site including all aspects of the instructional program, school environment, and the operational and fiscal health of the school. As IPS high schools continue to expand to serve more students, the principal will develop and refine a comprehensive strategic plan to ensure every high school student is on the path to be enrolled in a two or four-year college or university, enlisted into the military or employed with a livable wage upon graduation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develops and Implements Plans to
- Increase student achievement
- Increase graduation rate
- Increase attendance
- Strengthen instructional opportunities
- Provide a safe learning environment
- Provide student services
- Ensure all students are employed, enrolled, or enlisted upon graduation
- Communicates, collaborates, and builds strong relationships with key stakeholders including:
- Teachers and staff
- Students and parents
- Community and business partners
- Other members of the school and district community
- Selects and mentors a highly quality school staff through professional development, formal, and informal observations.
- Develops and maintains quality data, a balanced budget and operational systems closely tied to instructional priorities.
- Directs and maintains records on the materials, supplies and equipment, which are necessary to carry out the daily school routine.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: A strong record of helping students achieve academic success, primarily with minority and low-income students. A minimum of 3-5 years of developing instructional expertise in a low-income school with demonstrated exemplary results.
- At least three years of leadership in a low-income school with demonstrated exemplary results
- A record of success in leading adults; prior experience with direct management, supervision and growth of employees with high staff retention rates.
- A deep passion for social justice and equity for all children; believes that all students can achieve at the highest levels, regardless of demography
- Alignment with IPS Core Commitments and Beliefs
- A history of leadership in engaging a team in the development of task-focused, organized and systematic work habits.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Education/Experience: Master’s degree required. A minimum of three years’ teaching experience and experience in an administrative or supervisory capacity. Must possess successful experiences working with a diverse population of students and faculty.
How to ApplyAccess and apply for the position posting here. If you are interested in learning more about high school leadership with Indianapolis Public Schools, complete this short form, and a member of our leadership search committee will be in contact. If you have any questions, please email Alex Moseman at MosemanR@myips.org.
297 total views, 1 today