Teacher High School Science Teacher
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top fifteen public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. For that reason, we are looking for the best talent in education.
Who We’re Seeking
Teaching at Noble is ideal for instructors motivated by the certainty that all of their students can and will succeed, eager for the autonomy to design the vision and content of their classrooms, and rooted in the desire to continuously improve their instruction through data. We are looking for mission-aligned Science teachers for the 2019-2020 academic year. Each Science teacher is responsible for cultivating a community of learners in which diversity of thought is celebrated and results are achieved. Noble Science teachers provide frequent opportunities for students to practice the skills and habits necessary to be successful in school and demonstrate their understanding of the natural world and scientific theories.
Our Science teachers are expected to:
- design and implement long term, unit, and lesson plans aligned to a standardized assessment,
- hold self and all students accountable during class, transitions, and school events,
- utilize data from in class and Network-wide formative and summative assessments to drive instruction and intervention, and
- exemplify Noble’s Core Values in the work they do.
Above all else, Noble Science teachers must invest our students in the joy and benefits of understanding the world around them.
Noble Quality Non-negotiables
- A belief that all students, regardless of background and current ability, can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A belief in executing Noble’s approach to high expectations
- A record of pursuing and achieving ambitious results
- A regular practice of reflection and desire to continuously improve
- A bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
How to ApplyPlease submit an application through our job board here.
353 total views, 1 today