Teacher Hiring Foreign Language Teachers (7-12)
Foreign Language teachers at New Visions schools work with a diverse range of students to develop language skills through exploration, reading, discussion, and writing. While Foreign Language teachers at New Visions are expected to prepare all students for success with New York State Regents Foreign Language exams, they place an equal emphasis on developing students’ linguistic and critical thinking skills by inviting them to explore literature, media, and current events from foreign countries. New Visions Foreign Language teachers’ ultimate goal is to help students to become proficient in another language and to embrace diverse cultures to be responsible, tolerant, and curious global citizens in an increasingly connected world.
New Visions seeks the most talented and dedicated educators to bring their skills, experience, and energy to a collaborative and innovative learning environment where teachers are empowered to meet each student’s unique learning needs and open the doors to new and rich opportunities. Our teachers are dynamic and innovative pedagogues who are committed to urban students and the issues they face every day.
Every New Visions teacher can expect to receive enhanced instructional support, a range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to be part of a passionate team of colleagues. If you have the following qualities, credentials, and experience, please consider joining our team.
Successful New Visions teaching candidates will:
- Approach learning via growth mindset
- Be reflective, seek feedback, learn from those around them, and effectively apply feedback
- Make informed decisions, based on evidence and data, about their lesson planning
- Demonstrate strong content knowledge and be familiar with the Common Core State Standards
- Have a proven track record for planning lessons with clear learning objectives and a means for assessing whether those objectives have been met
- Have a proven track record of engaging students in their learning
- Have strong organizational and communication skills
- Have demonstrated success in tailoring instruction to the needs of diverse learners
- Be committed to serving all students and respect children from all backgrounds
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
Additionally, candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s degree, hold valid New York State certification*, and must be cleared for employment by fingerprint-supported background checks. We are committed to diversity in our hiring and employment practices, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
*There are limited opportunities for qualified teachers who do not possess a NY State certification to work in one of our Charter High Schools.
New Visions for Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplyApply Through the New Visions Job Portal
244 total views, 2 today