Teacher Hiring High School Teachers! (All Content Areas)
The Support You Need for the Career You Want.
New Visions for Public Schools was founded in 1989 and is dedicated to ensuring that all New York City public school students, regardless of race or economic class, have access to a high-quality education that prepares them for the rigors of college and the workforce. New Visions has been a driving force behind some of the most significant reforms to public education in New York city, including pioneering the model of small high schools in New York City and creating nearly 150 new small schools; producing free open-source curriculum used by thousands of teachers in New York State and across the country; and launching a nationally-recognized Urban Teacher Residency program to train new teachers.
New Visions currently supports nearly 350 schools citywide with school management tools, instructional resources and coaching, and more. This includes 10 charter high schools in Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Queens; and 70 district high schools in all five boroughs that are part of our Affinity network. In 2017-18, graduation rates in our Charter and Affinity networks reached an all-time high of 84.5 percent (an increase of nearly 10 percentage points in the past five years) and college readiness rates reached 55.8 percent, surpassing 50 percent for the first time (an increase of nearly 25 percentage points in the past five years).
Advantages of Teaching at a New Visions School Include:
- Emphasis on knowledge sharing practices, frequent trainings and targeted professional development opportunities
- Eligibility to apply for grants and fellowships to support the personal and professional development of exceptional teachers
- Access to leadership development programs and career opportunities from the classroom to school administration to educational reform
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits
New Visions equips teachers with the data tools they need to succeed.
New Visions seeks the most talented and dedicated educators to bring their skills, experience, and energy to a collaborative and innovative learning environment where teachers are empowered to meet each student’s unique learning needs and open the doors to new and rich opportunities. Our teachers are dynamic and innovative pedagogues who are committed to urban students and the issues they face every day.
Every New Visions teacher can expect to receive enhanced instructional support, a range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to be part of a passionate team of colleagues. If you have the following qualities, credentials and experience, please consider joining our team.
Successful New Visions teaching candidates will:
- Approach learning via growth mindset
- Be reflective, seek feedback, learn from those around them, and effectively apply feedback
- Make informed decisions, based on evidence and data, about their lesson planning
- Demonstrate strong content knowledge and be familiar with the Common Core State Standards
- Have a proven track record for planning lessons with clear learning objectives and a means for assessing whether those objectives have been met
- Have a proven track record for engaging students in their own learning
- Have strong organizational and communication skills
- Have demonstrated success in tailoring instruction to the needs of diverse learners
- Be committed to serving all students and respect children from all backgrounds
- Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
To see a list of our district schools, click here.
To see each of our charter schools, please click on the links below:
- New Visions Charter High School for Advanced Math and Science
- New Visions Charter High School for the Humanities
- New Visions Charter High School for Advanced Math and Science II
- New Visions Charter High School for the Humanities II
- New Visions Charter High School for Advanced Math and Science III
- New Visions Charter High School for the Humanities III
- New Visions Charter High School for Advanced Math and Science IV
- New Visions Charter High School for the Humanities IV
- New Visions AIM Charter High School I
- New Visions AIM Charter High School II
New Visions for Public Schools is looking for teachers certified in Grades 7 through 12 in the following subject areas:
- Art (Dance, Drama, Music, Visual Arts)
- CTE (All Concentrations)
- Earth Science
- English Language Arts
- English as a Second/New Language
- Foreign Language (All Concentrations)
- Physical Education/Health
- Social Studies
- Special Education
Apply today at:
Additionally, candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s degree, hold valid New York State certification*, and must be cleared for employment by fingerprint-supported background checks. We are committed to diversity in our hiring and employment practices, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
*There are limited opportunities for qualified teachers who do not possess a NY State certification to work in one of our Charter High Schools.
New Visions for Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of New Visions that all employees and applicants for employment will be treated in all respects on the basis of their merit and qualifications and without regards to their race, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, gender, military status, marital status, ancestry, or any other reason prohibited by law.
New Visions believes that our teams should reflect the diverse communities we serve and that our culture and internal structures should be inclusive and equitable for all employees. We also recognize that perspectives from communities that have been historically marginalized are critical to the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from individuals living in the communities that we serve or who are members of historically marginalized communities.
New Visions provides a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package in addition to the opportunity to make a significant impact on education reform and in the lives of urban youth.