Operations / Administration Human Resources Director
SALARY INFORMATION: Grade 14 ($82,172 – $111,173)
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
MONTHS PER YEAR: 12
JOB CODE: 3099
POSITION TYPE: Replacement
LOCATION: Thornton, CO
SUMMARY: Responsible for managing the Human Resources Partner team that supports all efforts related to the district’s strategic plan including directing recruitment efforts, work-force development, hiring processes, performance/evaluation systems, training and advising administrators in labor and employment matters. The HR Director will have knowledge of Board of Education (BOE), district, state and federal policies and regulations, including EEOC, Fair Labor Standards, ADA, workers’ compensation and unemployment. Responsible for directing personnel investigations, disciplining employees and assisting with administering grievance procedures. Ensure that all employees are qualified and skilled for their positions as defined by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Direct responsibility to manage total employment and recruitment function, reduction in force staff, and administrative transfers. Manage the HR Partner team to support the district’s strategic plan including directing recruitment efforts, work-force development, hiring processes, performance/evaluation systems and training. Maintain current knowledge of and ensure that Human Resources and district staff comply with District and Board of Education policies and interpretations, state and federal laws and classified/certified master agreements.
2. Provide support to the hiring of district staff. Includes overseeing personnel requisitions and job postings, screening and interviewing processes, reference checks, criminal background checks, denial of employment and facilitation of principal and administrator hiring processes.
3. Train and provide guidance to principals and supervisors on staffing plan, viable applicants, and hiring decisions. Analyze various employment data to strategically support sites with personnel decisions. Disseminate reports and facilitate discussions with individual sites to determine best practices related to recruitment, hiring, turnover, attendance, substitute fill rates and retention.
4. Train and advise administrators in labor and employment matters including employee performance evaluations, growth plans, remediation plans, and dismissal; employee discipline and documentation; compliance with BOE policy, federal and state laws, master agreements and other employee relations matters.
5. Coordinate exit interview survey process. Compile, analyze and disseminate survey information to School Leadership.
6. Serve on Classified and Certified negotiation teams to negotiate collective bargaining agreements and to develop master agreement language that meets BOE Policy without violating operating limitations or district policies.
7. Manage non-renewal and reduction-in-force process per district policy, employee association master agreement language and Colorado state statute. Ensure non-renewal process is in compliance with the CDE guidelines.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field required. Two additional years of related Human Resources experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in human resources or related field
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP preferred
- Criminal background check required for hire