Teacher IMMEDIATE HIRE- Math & Spanish Teacher
We are currently hiring for the following teaching positions this school year!
- 8th Grade Math Teacher
- Spanish Teacher
Brooklyn Urban Garden Charter School (BUGS), is a small, independent, progressive Middle School in South Slope/Windsor Terrace serving approximately 300 students of all abilities and backgrounds from across Brooklyn. We are looking for experienced educators interested in our innovative sustainability-education model to join us for this school year.
BUGS is at the forefront of sustainability education, diverse-by-design and community-based schools movements. We feature a hands-on interdisciplinary education with a focus on real-world problem-solving and exploration of environmental, social, and economic sustainability. Our Middle School students (grades 6 to 8) are prepared for success in high school and to become critical thinkers, lifelong learners, and thoughtful designers of a more socially just and sustainable world.
At BUGS, we value and respect teachers as educators, professionals, and individuals. As a growing faculty and community, we offer many opportunities for innovation, professional growth, and teacher leadership. We feature a strong, supportive community of learners, an active parent-teacher organization, and a positive student and staff culture. Educators are supported in using project-based methodology and designing on-going fieldwork to enrich the units of study.
BUGS team members are:
- Passionate about their content areas and designing coursework in the context of an interdisciplinary sustainability-focused curriculum
- Dedicated to regularly assessing students and using the results to inform instruction
- Models of sustainability actions and beliefs in and out of the classroom
- Committed to school-wide behavior systems that consider adolescent development and promote holistic, socio-emotional responses through restorative justice and collaborative problem solving
- Committed to coaching adolescents to find their voice and take charge of their learning
- Collaborative with colleagues, students, and families
- Innovative self-starters
- Passionate about hands-on learning, real-world problem solving, and field studies
- Reflective and open-minded
- New York State certification or working towards certification
- Two years of teaching experience; highly preferred
- Master’s degree required
- Desire to work in a heterogeneous classroom with a range of ability levels and students of diverse socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds
- Commitment to collaboration, sustainability, continuous professional growth, and student achievement
How to ApplyPlease apply via our website: www.BUGSbrooklyn.org/careers Click on "Apply Now" to complete the application for this position and be considered for upcoming Interview days.
324 total views, 1 today