Teacher Immediate Hire: Middle School Advanced Math & Science Teachers
Brooklyn Urban Garden Charter School (BUGS) is an independent, progressive charter middle school in South Slope/Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn. BUGS is seeking qualified educators to join our team as an Algebra 1 teacher & Science teacher!
BUGS educators are passionate and creative teachers, collaborative colleagues, and engaged community members who believe in our mission to provide a hands-on, interdisciplinary education to young adolescents of all abilities and backgrounds, with a focus on real-world problem solving and the exploration of environmental sustainability.
At BUGS, we value and respect teachers as educators, professionals, and individuals. As a community committed to the growth and development of our staff, we offer many opportunities for innovation, professional growth, and teacher leadership. We feature a strong, supportive community of learners, an active parent-teacher organization, and a positive student and staff culture.
BUGS team members are:
- Passionate about their content areas
- Dedicated to regularly assessing students and using the results to inform instruction
- Models of sustainability
- Able to empower adolescents to find their voice and take charge of their learning
- Collaborative with colleagues, students, and families
- Innovative self-starters who contribute to the good of a diverse community
- Committed to coaching adolescents in interpersonal skills and making good choices
- Passionate about getting students outdoors
- Reflective and open-minded
Our teachers are responsible for teaching subject-area courses in the context of an interdisciplinary, sustainability-focused curriculum. Teachers are supported in using project-based methodology and designing on-going fieldwork to enrich the units of study.
- New York State teaching certification or considered ‘Highly Qualified’ and working towards certification
- Evidence of strong math and/or science content knowledge
- Two years of teaching experience, highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Desire to work in a heterogeneous classroom with a range of ability levels and students of diverse socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds
- Commitment to collaboration, sustainability, continuous professional growth, and student achievement
- Preference given to candidates who have experience working with young adolescents
BUGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and staff. BUGS strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
Thank you! We look forward to learning more about you.
How to ApplyAll applicants must apply online via link below: https://bugsbrooklyn.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=49
249 total views, 2 today