Operations / Administration Impact Manager (Whole School Whole Child Manager)
City Year New York is seeking an Impact Manager (IM) who will lead and develop a team of AmeriCorps members (ACMs) as idealistic, emerging leaders and practitioners focused on strengthening schools and supporting students to improve performance. Reporting to an Impact Director and working from a partner school(s), the IM plays a critical role in implementing City Year’s school-based Whole School Whole Child (WSWC) service model, mission, and practices. The IM is also an effective talent developer who will support AmeriCorps members through a challenging and rewarding year of service.
This may be the job for you if:
• You are passionate about City Year’s mission and values.
• You are an educator that is excited to use your knowledge and experience to support AmeriCorps Members and their work in schools.
• You thrive when collaborating with others, but are also a self-motivated problem solver.
• You are a natural relationship builder; you feel equally comfortable communicating and connecting with a 10-year-old in your classroom, the parent of a student, and a peer educator.
• You are highly organized and driven.
• You thrive in a fast-paced, multitasking environment; if every day of work was exactly the same, you would be bored.
• You are a clear and confident presenter; you feel comfortable designing and delivering trainings that are tailored to the audience’s learning styles.
AmeriCorps Member Experience
- Manage, coach, and develop up to 20 AmeriCorps members through a personally rewarding year of service in New York City public school, where they achieve service performance and standards requirements while reaching their leadership development potential.
- Model leadership that is fueled by City Year’s culture and values.
- Facilitate ongoing dialogues that empower AmeriCorps members to relate to our culture and values in personally meaningful ways.
Build Conditions for Success in our Schools
- Build and cultivate strong partnerships with teachers, principals, school officials, and other key decision makers and stakeholders.
- Manage implementation of partnership agreement between the school and City Year New York.
- Ensure the necessary conditions and resources are in place for their team of AmeriCorps members to deliver attendance, behavior, and course performance interventions for students.
Service Delivery & Impact
- Implement City Year’s WSWC model with a high degree of quality to a targeted group of students at the right time, at assigned schoolhouse(s).
- Make data-informed decisions to ensure tutoring, classroom support, afterschool programs, and school-wide initiatives align with the shared goals of the school/City Year partnership.
Local and National Organizational Initiatives
- Conduct interviews for incoming AmeriCorps Members
- Assist with Martin Luther King, Jr. Day service projects, Opening Day, Annual Gala and other side-wide designated events.
- Participate in ongoing conversations about race and equity that are focused on the individual or self-reflection and the students and communities we serve.
- Attend overnight events including Summer Charger (a conference for all City Year Impact staff held in Boston for one week in the summer), and other local and national events.
What does a typical day look like?
- Start of day centering meeting with team
- Observe and share feedback with AmeriCorps members providing interventions for students
- Review Student Achievement data
- Review AmeriCorps Member event plans, student engagement data and offer feedback
- Individual Meetings with AmeriCorps Members
- Coach AmeriCorps Members through communication challenges and conflict resolution
- Connect with school administration to review upcoming initiatives and mutual expectations
- Meet with Impact Director for your own support
- Host City Year’s potential and current funding partners on a school tour and roundtable
- Attend and support After School Programs
- End of day centering meeting with team
Full time employees will be eligible for all benefits including vacation and sick days and organization holidays. You may participate in all benefit programs that City Year establishes and makes available to eligible employees, under (and subject to all provisions of) the plan documents that govern those programs. Currently, City Year offers medical, dental and vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment and disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), other benefits including 401(k) plan(s) pursuant to the terms and conditions of company policy and the 401(k) plan document. For more information, click here.
Employment at City Year is at-will.
City Year does not sponsor work authorization visas.