Operations Indiana Policy Associate
Overview of Teach Plus
Mission. The mission of Teach Plus is to empower excellent, experienced teachers to take leadership over key policy and practice issues that affect their students’ success.
Programs. Teach Plus programs are designed to place highly effective teachers at the center of improvements in schools as leaders of their peers and outside schools influencing policy decisions that affect their classrooms. The programs develop excellent teachers into leaders who achieve change and mobilize others in their school, district, state, and across the nation to bring change to scale.
Impact. Teach Plus ensures that effective teachers have influence beyond their classrooms as:
- a key voice in legislation in local, district, state, and federal policy
- change agents in transforming student learning across a school
- leaders of other teachers in improving practice
- a grounded perspective in the media and on research
Reporting to the Indiana Policy Manager, the Indiana Policy Associate is primarily responsibility for supporting teacher directed communications around our Policy Fellowship and additional events, opportunities, and programs for teachers. In addition the Indiana Policy Associate will support the basic management and operations for the Policy Fellowship and greater teaching network. The role will include opportunities for professional growth in education policy and nonprofit management. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Update social media and other forms of communication to keep local teachers informed about key educational issues and to promote Teach Plus.
- Identify opportunities for teacher leadership and publicize them through a monthly Teacher Leadership Email and social media outreach.
- Review major publications covering education policy and drafting tweets highlighting key articles for the @teachplusindy Twitter handle.
- Maintain certain local pages of the Indiana website.
- Manage logistics and set up for monthly Fellows Sessions (in-person and virtual) including, but not limited to, building and sharing surveys, sending follow up emails with pre-work, and communicating logistics with fellows.
- Support and implement marketing for upcoming teacher leadership and policy events.
- Create PowerPoint presentations, handouts, and other relevant materials to support events.
- Coordinate logistics for policy events, including site research, vendor research, set up, technology support, and ordering necessary food and supplies.
Recruitment and Selection of Program Participants
- Support the recruitment and selection process across the policy fellowship programs in collaboration with the Program Coordinator by helping to craft messaging, support logistics, promote opportunities, etc.
- Support the Program Coordinator in communicating application requirements and program details to applicants through multiple channels across the state, including in-person presentations, webinars, etc.
- Provide administrative, logistical, and editorial support for the policy work as needed including but not limited to, policy briefs, policy memos, testimonies, and op-eds.
- Maintain accurate and timely data and enter appropriate information as it relates to the policy programs into the Salesforce database for ongoing accountability reports.
- Support the daily needs of the office including scheduling meetings, greeting and directing office visitors, initiating and answering telephone calls, and responding to direct requests for information.
- Provide meeting support as needed, e.g. preparing materials, logistics.
- Support the daily operational needs of the office such as ordering necessary supplies, technical requests, etc.
In order to be successful in this role, ideal candidates should have:
- Demonstrated passion for policy and ensuring that all urban students have access to highly-effective teachers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent writing skills
- Comfort with Excel and database programs
- Strong project management skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment and the willingness to contribute as needed to a growing organization
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and dedication to data-informed decision-making
- Sense of humor
- Teaching experience a plus
Commitment to Diversity
In order to better-serve the teachers and students at the core of our mission, Teach Plus is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and will be based on prior experience and qualifications. Full benefits package includes medical, dental, retirement, disability, life insurance, and generous paid time off benefits.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete an online application found here. The online application will require you to upload a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include an explanation of your interest in the position as well as a summary of relevant qualifications and experience. Teach Plus will receive applications until the position is filled.
Application Link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4643487
How to ApplyTo apply, please complete an online application found here. The online application will require you to upload a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include an explanation of your interest in the position as well as a summary of relevant qualifications and experience. Teach Plus will receive applications until the position is filled. Application Link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4643487
145 total views, 1 today