Instructional Support Instructional Specialist for Interventions
- To design the scaling of intervention services for literacy interventions across the network
- To support lead APs and intervention teachers across the network.
- To ensure that the state and federal compliance requirements for students with disabilities are met.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Meet regularly with school based teams in charter schools to:
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of a school-wide literacy intervention program
- Work through APs to coach literacy intervention teachers across the network
- Review student achievement and assist with placing students in appropriate reading and writing intervention and support services
- Lead the development of systems and structures at the school level to track intervention progress
- Manage and support the implementation of these systems and structures across schools.
- Develop a network level team of teachers that provides opportunities for self directed learning through the framework of improvement science.
- Develop and provide ongoing professional development to school leadership teams across the network.
- Design adult learning modules that develop capacity in essential areas of instructional strategies that support all learners.
- Ensure that all special services for students at a given school are being coordinated effectively and that schools are in compliance with IEPs.
- Liaise between schools and CSE to advocate for particular students when applicable.
Work with other New Visions staff to:
- Understand and monitor the implementation of these systems and structures
- Analyze performance data using the Data Portal and special education data systems to track student progress
- Explore electronic platforms and virtual learning opportunities that promote and support special education compliance, instruction and advocacy
Education and Experience:
- Masters-level degree
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in public education, preferably urban schools and secondary level
Required Skill Sets and Knowledge Base:
- Expert knowledge of Wilson Language Interventions is required and other reading interventions such as Just Words, READ 180, and System 44 is preferred
- Expert knowledge of one or more core content areas at the secondary school level
- Leadership in providing professional development and supports to educators
- Experience with teaching reading and writing skills to secondary school students
- Excellent written, oral, organizational, and interpersonal skills including strong facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively
New Visions for Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplySubmit cover letter and resume via online application.
37 total views, 1 today