Teacher K-12 Teachers (All Subjects) [2023-2024 SY]
Freedom Prep Academy Charter Schools, a Memphis-based network, prepare all students in grades Pre-K through 12 to excel in college and in life. Freedom Preparatory Academy opened in August of 2009 with a class of 96 6th graders. We now serve over 2400 students in grades PreK-12. Our students have exceeded local and state averages in math and local averages in English language arts on the state exam.
We have three core beliefs that drive our mission: Every child deserves the right to a high-quality public education, a foundation in character development is essential, and direct exposure to an array of opportunities and experiences provides each child with the self-confidence and social knowledge to compete globally. We will accomplish our mission through a highly structured, academically rigorous environment where students will master the core subjects, develop advanced academic skills, and demonstrate the school’s core values of: Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, Excellence, and Community.
Freedom Preparatory Academy seeks teachers for all grade levels (K-12) for our growing network of charter schools. As a teacher at Freedom Prep Academy, you will be expected to both introduce and help students develop mastery of concepts as measured through assessments administered consistently throughout the year. These skills and concepts will be presented in a variety of ways that convey a thorough understanding and execution of the content. Teachers will work closely with other teachers to ensure cross curricula and thematic alignment of curriculum.
We are seeking applicants who have specific expertise in these content areas: Math, Science, English Language Arts, Social Studies, English as a Second Language, Special Education, and Elective subjects. Each teacher will be responsible for their subject area and their respective standards.
Freedom Preparatory Academy welcomes teachers who are relentless in their aim to see student growth and who want to hone their skills as effective teachers in the classroom. We are also seeking applicants who have a demonstrated commitment to the educational mission, vision, and goals of Freedom Prep Academy.
Below are some of the tasks required of teachers:
- Embodies and models the network’s core values of respect, responsibility, integrity, community, and excellence for our students, families, and colleagues
- Upholds the school culture of high academic and behavioral expectations through continuous reflection, flexibility, and growth
- Fosters students’ positive view of self and supports children’s learning through social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development
- Communicates effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and colleagues
- Creates and maintains positive classroom culture and community
- Uses detailed data analysis of student performance to inform best practices
- Reinforces school-wide rules and expectations in the classroom, including lesson planning, curriculum development, assignment creation, and other curricular materials
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, administrative and district regulations
- Works an extended school day to allow for collaboration, professional development, and ample communication with parents and other staff members
- Works closely with the Head of School, Assistant Head of School, and Dean of Students to develop and implement strategies for all students to reach success
- Completes other tasks as assigned by the Head of School, Assistant Head of School, or other School Based Administrative employees
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- Valid Tennessee teaching license and endorsement(s) in the hired content area -OR-
- Valid teaching license from a state that offers reciprocity with TN -OR-
- Enrollment in a certification program with eligibility for a recommendation of licensure by the program or district
- Eligibility for Tennessee teaching license required
- Two to four years of urban teaching and educational leadership experience is preferred
- Ability to work with a variety of learning abilities, including those with low skill levels in a heterogeneously grouped classroom setting
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
REPORTS TO Head of School
PTO POLICY Support Based Administrative
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
We are excited that you are inspired or called to learn more about our mission, values, and potential opportunities. We’d encourage you to explore a few additional resources about us, the recent investment for what’s possible, and why you should consider our community as a place for you to become a part of. We are one of the few networks that centers the whole person and their needs to thrive and support themselves and their families in the South.
Check out some of the unique and rare benefits here, including but not limited to:
- Paying higher, scaffolded teacher salaries from Year 1 to retirement stage
- Zero dollar monthly premium options, including holistic options such as chiropractic or acupuncture care
- Focus on staff well-being and collective care through our Adult Social-Emotional Learning
- Support in obtaining licensure
At Freedom Prep, we strive towards trust and transparency in our application process. Our salary range varies for this position, commensurate with experience and expertise. During the interview process, we will align on salary expectations and continue to have transparent conversations at every stage.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY: Freedom Preparatory Academy is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team of educators. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal opportunity employer.