Teacher K-5th Grade Learning Specialist (Family Leave Replacement) at Small Progressive Charter School
K-5th Grade Learning Specialist – Family Leave Coverage
About Community Roots
Community Roots Charter School is a rigorous learning community where learning is embedded in meaningful real world context, where children are deliberately taught to see the connections between school and the world. CRCS students will meet or exceed the Common Core standards and be prepared to excel in the 21st century by being taught to be independent thinkers and to work productively within a diverse group of learners. At CRCS students will learn to combine curiosity with appropriate application, which will lead to deep understanding and the confidence to take on challenges to become who they want to be.
Currently, Community Roots has 460 students in grades K-8. We graduated our first 8th grade class in June 2015. Please visit our website for more information about our
About the Position
This is a temporary job opening while our full-time K-5th Grade Math Specialist goes on family leave. The position will run from March 1, 2019 through June 1, 2019.
- Candidates should have experience providing K-5 mathematics intervention.
- Strong candidates will have experience working with the EngageNY curriculum and the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework.
Learning Specialist Role Description
- Work with students doing push-in or pull-out, one-on-one or in small groups, to help support students’ academic, social and emotional growth.
- Provide academic intervention for math based on student need.
- Write progress notes on all students on caseload.
- Write one formal, narrative report for each student, documenting progress during the leave and addressing IEP goals if applicable.
- Participate in long and short term planning addressing the students’ needs.
- Participate in school-wide family conferences for all students on caseload to review individual student’s progress. If there is concern about a student, arrange more frequent conferences.
- Attend grade level meetings to be informed about classroom curriculum, contribute ideas on modifying curriculum and share updates on intervention groups.
- Communicate with grade level teams, formally and/or informally to discuss students in intervention progress.
If interested, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
How to Apply
362 total views, 1 today