This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
26 Oct 2023
Teacher Kindergarten Teacher – Ruby Hill Elementary (58-85k/year)
About Rocky Mountain Prep
Rocky Mountain Prep is a growing network of innovative public charter schools, serving students in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade in the Greater Denver Area. Rocky Mountain Prep opened its first school in 2012 with 130 students and has grown to four schools, working with over 1,800 scholars across two districts. Grounded in our culture of rigor and love, our schools consistently outperform local districts academically, while also ensuring our scholars are developing in our PEAK values of perseverance, excellence, adventure, and kindness. In the school year 2023-2024, we will grow to 12 schools serving over 5,000 students
Who We Seek
If you are someone who is mission-driven, humble in your reflections about your practice, smart in the ways you approach data, and results-oriented, we’d love to see you apply.
During the 2023-2024 school year, RMP is driving after five big goals:
- Going Green on the Colorado School Performance Framework
- 90% Student Persistence
- 95% Daily Attendance
- Fully Enrolled by October Count
- Academic Goals
- Elementary: Pre-K Students show 1 year of growth
- Elementary: Kinder through 2nd Grade Students Grow 1.25 years in ELA and Math
- Elementary: 40% of 3rd through 5th Grade students meet their Millionaire Goal (1 million words read)
- Middle School: 40% of 6th through 8th Grade Students meet their Millionaire Goal (2 million words read)
- High School: 100% College Acceptance
Each member of the organization plays a part in achieving these goals. School-based staff members will work towards 2 or 3 metrics that are aligned to both their individual roles AND the Big 5. These metrics vary by position and are subject to change.
As a Lead Teacher, you will be held accountable for some of these goals. Learn more about how you’ll drive these goals in the list below.
To ensure all students and schools meet our Big 5 goals, RMP teachers role model a culture of Rigor and Love by using data-driven methods to promote student learning and develop meaningful relationships in the classroom. Through teamwork, collaboration, and feedback, teachers at RMP provide students with a culturally competent classroom setting that leads to more than a year’s worth of growth while maintaining an average daily attendance of 96% and driving student retention each school year. RMP provides teachers with an effective curriculum, which they’re able to implement with the unique tools they’ve gained throughout their careers.
In this role, you will:
- Use our high-quality curriculum and data systems to drive outstanding scholar growth and proficiency while proactively collecting data on student performance
- Consistently collect, enter, and analyze academic data to provide targeted instruction and interventions that promote a culture of learning
- Build a strong classroom culture where scholars can learn, grow and thrive through predictable routines, structures, proactive and restorative practices
- Cultivate a strong, healthy working environment for co-workers that is focused on kids first
- Work collaboratively and communicate regularly with teammates, parents, and administrators
- Regularly attend professional development sessions meant to provide direct feedback and coaching to help grow you in your instructional practice
- Thoroughly plan, prep, and internalize lessons in order to maximize class time and student learning
- Model our PEAK values of Perseverance, Excellence, Adventure, and Kindness
- Demonstrate a hungry, humble, smart, and results-oriented mindset and a “by any means necessary” spirit when it comes to driving our big five goals
- Assist with arrival and dismissal duties, and other school community tasks
- Work and collaborate with Special Education teachers and other school support staff to ensure all students are receiving grade-level appropriate content and academic support
In this role, you will help drive 3 goals:
- Please review this chart, find your desired grade level, and review the goals.
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree (any subject)
- Completion of CDE READ Act training and/or CDE Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CLD) 45 contact hours
- Pass a background check
- Demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States
Must possess one or more of the following:
- Current Colorado teaching license with elementary education endorsement
- An official transcript demonstrating a degree (graduate or undergraduate) in elementary education
- Minimum two years of lead teaching experience. (We define lead teachers as the primary teacher in the classroom who is responsible for all academic content.)
- Experience with progress monitoring, data collection, and analysis
- This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position with a salary range of $58,000 – $85,000. Salary is dependent on the number of years you’ve been teaching. Years count as full years spent Lead Teaching in American public K-12 schools and public Pre-K programs.
- Teachers will have the option to apply for additional leadership roles if they wish. These leadership roles come with stipends ranging from $1,000 – $3,000.
- Teachers are also eligible for performance base pay, $1,000 per metric if they meet the data metrics (goals) for their role
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement through PERA
$58,000 – $85,000 a year
Want more information?
1. Please review our Rocky Mountain Prep Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about our program!
Demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Rocky Mountain Prep does not sponsor visas at this time.
RMP is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to ApplyAre you ready to support Kindergarten students at Ruby Hill? Apply here!
If you have any questions, please email our Talent Recruiter Sean Spencer at email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in Rocky Mountain Prep and look forward to getting to know you!