This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
29 Apr 2023
Teacher Lead Teacher K-8
Lead Teacher (K-8)
Independence Charter School West (ICS West)
- ICS West exists to equip and empower global citizens, so that our communities are united. Our students are becoming the leaders who will bring a divided world back together, and as a team, it is our responsibility to give them everything they need to do so.
- We believe that every student, with no exception, can achieve at their highest level, and our Big Goal reflects this – our students who are below grade level will make more than one year of growth every school year until they are at or above grade level in all subjects. Right now, many of our students are not at this level. Supporting them in getting there is the focus of everything we do as a team.
- We believe deeply in being an open enrollment, neighborhood public school, with the responsibility to meet the needs of every student who enrolls, with no exception. Special education students currently make up 27% of our student population.
- Finally, we believe that being a cohesive team is the way to realize our vision. Building trust with each other enables us to honor the unique perspectives that every team member brings, talk candidly about these perspectives as we commit to decisions, and hold each other accountable for the results our students deserve.
- ICS West was founded in 2016.
- The school is located at 5600 Chester Avenue in the Kingsessing neighborhood of Southwest Philadelphia.
- We serve approximately 800 students in grades K-8 in the 22-23 school year, and we will grow to our full enrollment of 900 students in the 2023-24 school year.
- All of our students are taught Spanish starting in Kindergarten.
- As a Lead Teacher you will support a group of approximately 26-28 students to make the necessary growth every school year to be at or above grade level in all subject areas.
- You will work with your Assistant Principal and our Content Coaches to become an expert in all relevant content areas, and to continually refine your classroom practices, ensuring that every student is working and thinking at an appropriately rigorous level, all the time.
- You will work with your grade team to implement effective Responsive Classroom strategies that cultivate a student-centered, social and emotional learning approach to teaching and discipline.
Salary, Schedule and Benefits
- This is a 10-month position.
- Our work day is 8:15am to 4:15pm.
- The salary range for this position is $45,000 to $65,000, depending on experience and certification.
- ICS West pays for 100% of the cost of employee and dependent health benefits, and matches 403b contributions up to 5%. We do not participate in PSERS.
- Requires at least a Bachelors Degree and one year of relevant experience.
- Provide a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com and we will be in touch shortly with next steps.