Teacher Lead Teacher – Kindergarten, First, and Second Grade
About Elm CCS
We are an interdisciplinary and collaborative learning environment focused on cultivating civically engaged student leaders. Essential to our school’s philosophy is a relevant hands-on curriculum, along with the commitment to nurture each student’s social and emotional intelligence. We are looking for a team of individuals committed to fostering an environment that is innovative, collaborative, and equitable for both students and staff. Join us!
Elm CCS is looking for creative and results-driven teachers aligned to inquiry-based models, value collaboration with colleagues, prioritize differentiation of instruction, are reflective and open to feedback and continual development, and believe in teaching the whole child.
- Building a classroom culture in which students love learning;
- Establishes a positive classroom environment through proactive methods, a clear and consistent management system, and strong student rapport;
- Teaching students through an inquiry-based curriculum, placing the thinking work on all students;
- Adapt and implement curriculum and assessments to student needs; manage the curriculum pacing calendar;
- Design and implement targeted small group instruction according to student data and needs;
- Holds all students to high expectations, with the fundamental belief that students with special needs and emergent bilingual learners are capable of incredible growth and achievement;
- Actively monitors and assesses student achievement and progress based on short-term and long-term goals and objectives;
- Provides timely and frequent feedback for students, based on formal and informal assessments, and aligned to lesson and unit objectives and quarterly goals;
- Proactively builds relationships and collaborates with other staff members to meet team goals, share best practices, and solve grade team concerns;
- Engages and contributes in professional development; proactively applies professional development material into classroom and teaching; trains with colleagues and leaders to receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction;
- Communicates regularly with families regarding the academic performance and behavior of students.
- Hold certification in Special Education or English as Second Language, Elementary Education, or English as a Second Language
- Master’s Degree in Education with a specialization in early childhood or elementary education highly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience in elementary education, preferably in urban education
- Demonstrated ability in adapting curriculum and lessons to various student needs
- Experience in interdisciplinary studies and inquiry-based learning highly preferred
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Are an inspiring team player who continually pushes themselves and others to higher levels of achievement;
- Deeply embed themselves into the community of the school, ensuring strong relationships, high engagement, and great operational results;
- Are a champion of Elm’s belief that all members of the school community must be active learners and resourceful problem-solvers in order to ensure a high quality education for all our learners;
- Are reflective, self-aware, and actively analyzes student work and data to provide a high quality education that is accessible to all students
- Have a growth mindset.
How to ApplyPlease apply via our website (http://elmcharterschool.org/work-at-elm/) by clicking the "Apply Now" link!
211 total views, 8 today