Teacher Lead Teacher – Kindergarten/First Grade
About Elm CCS
We are an interdisciplinary and collaborative learning environment focused on cultivating civically engaged student leaders. Essential to our school’s philosophy is a relevant hands-on curriculum, along with the commitment to nurture each student’s social and emotional intelligence. Elm seeks to achieve authentic, ongoing integration of diverse student perspectives, assets, and ideas to enhance an equitable learning environment that serve students with all types of needs. We are looking for a team of individuals committed to fostering an environment that is innovative, collaborative, and equitable for both students and staff. Join us!
Elm CCS is looking for creative and results-driven teachers who align to inquiry-based models, value collaboration with colleagues, prioritize differentiation of instruction, are reflective and open to feedback and continual development, and believe in teaching the whole child.
- Building a classroom culture in which students love learning;
- Establishes a positive classroom environment through proactive methods, a clear management system, and strong student rapport;
- Teaching students through an inquiry-based curriculum, and placing the thinking work on all students;
- Adapt and implement curriculum and assessments to student needs; manage the curriculum pacing calendar;
- Design and implement targeted small group instruction according to student data and needs;
- Holds all students to high expectations, with the fundamental belief that students with special needs and emergent bilingual learners are capable of incredible growth and achievement;
- Actively monitors and assesses student achievement and progress based on short-term and long-term goals and objectives;
- Provides timely and frequent feedback for students, based on formal and informal assessments, and aligned to lesson and unit objectives and quarterly goals;
- Proactively builds relationships and collaborates with other staff members to meet team goals, share best practices, and solve grade team concerns;
- Engages and contributes in professional development; proactively applies professional development material into classroom and teaching; trains with colleagues and leaders to receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction;
- Communicates regularly with families regarding the academic performance and behavior of students.
- Hold certification in Special Education or English as Second Language, Elementary Education, or English as a Second Language
- Master’s Degree in Education with a specialization in early childhood or elementary education highly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience in elementary education, preferably in urban education
- Demonstrated ability in adapting curriculum and lessons to various student needs
- Experience in interdisciplinary studies and inquiry-based learning highly preferred
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Are an inspiring team player who continually pushes themselves and others to higher levels of achievement;
- Deeply embed themselves into the community of the school, ensuring strong relationships, high engagement, and great operational results;
- Are a champion of Elm’s belief that all members of the school community must be active learners and resourceful problem-solvers in order to ensure a high quality education for all our learners;
- Are reflective, self-aware, and actively analyzes student work and data to provide a high quality education that is accessible to all students
- Have a growth mindset.
How to ApplyPlease visit us at our website www.elmcharterschool.org to apply through our online application!
61 total views, 4 today