Teacher Lead Teacher (Various Openings)
- Elementary Science Teacher
- 7th Grade ELA teacher (Middle School)
- Spanish Teacher (Middle School)
Join our team of dedicated, results-driven professionals who are committed to impacting the lives of our children and community. We are looking for passionate, dynamic elementary and middle school special education and general education teachers to help prepare our scholars for lifelong achievement.
Mission: The Children’s Aid College Prep Charter School is a community school whose mission is to prepare elementary school students for success in high school, college, and life by providing them with a rigorous instructional experience; addressing their physical, emotional, and social needs; fostering a sense of pride and hope; and serving as a safe and engaging community hub.
Position: Every day, our caring teachers work to ensure students gain the knowledge, skills, and determination they need to succeed in school and life. Children’s Aid College Prep offers a rigorous curriculum, fully aligned with the Common Core Learning Standards, for students in small class sizes and with structured behavioral and emotional supports. Teachers collaborate with the leadership team, colleagues, parents, and caregivers to ensure that all children meet and/or exceed grade-level standards and other developmentally appropriate goals while satisfying their intellectual curiosity. We embed the supports children need to address barriers to learning so that they are able to take full advantage of the excellent instruction our teachers provide. Teachers will be able to thrive in a professional learning community that offers guidance and multiple layers of support.
Children’s Aid College Prep seeks dynamic, talented teachers to incorporate compassion and exemplary instructional practices, work hard to meet the high-accountability demands and close achievement gaps, and commit themselves to a holistic developmental school community that aims to lay a solid foundation for the path to success in college, career, and life for our students.
- Engage in Understanding by Design to create and refine unit plans based on curriculum scope and sequence.
- Use the Common Core Standards to create rigorous, objective-driven lessons.
- Differentiate for individual students based on their unique learning needs so all students are appropriately engaged and challenged.
- Ensure students are engaged through activities that accommodate various learning styles and needs.
- Provide varied opportunities for students to achieve mastery.
- Measure student achievement of, and progress toward, the learning objectives and big goals with formative and summative assessment tools.
- Provide ongoing and timely feedback to students on their progress towards meeting big goals by frequently checking for understanding.
- Use data to reflect on the effectiveness of lessons and student achievement progress in order to improve instruction and personal practice.
- Communicate and reinforce high expectations and standards for behavior and academic performance, aligned with the CACPCS school culture and core values.
- Implement classroom procedures, systems, and routines that maximize instructional time.
- Communicate respectfully and thoughtfully with parents/guardians, remaining sensitive to different families’ cultures, values, and needs.
- Work collaboratively with parents/guardians, families, and other members of the community.
- Collaborate with colleagues (grade level and school-wide meeting and professional development days) to continuously improve practice as well as to support the achievement of the overall goals and mission of the school.
- Reflect critically upon teaching experience; identify areas for further professional development as part of a professional development plan.
- Valid New York State certification required
- Special education certification preferred
- Minimum of 2 years teaching in an urban setting preferred
- Belief in accountability and that all children can achieve at high levels
- Belief in and alignment with Children’s Aid College Prep’s mission, core values, and approach
- Commitment to the continuous assessment of students’ academic, social and behavioral progress in order to effectively plan and tailor instruction and other enrichment and interventions
- Ability to support a positive and nurturing school culture and climate through effective classroom management skills as indicated by the ability to create a respectful, results-driven and focused learning environment
- A team player who is dedicated and flexible to teach in an urban, public school or charter school setting preferred
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary, and all staff members are equipped with the tools and skills needed to impact the community every day.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
How to ApplyApply: Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
578 total views, 1 today