Teacher Lead Teacher (Various Openings)
- Grade 3 ESL Preferred
- Grade 4 Humanities
- Grade 5 Math (SPED)
- Grade 5 Science
- Middle School Science
- Middle School Math (SPED)
- Middle School Social Studies
Come Grow with Us!
Join our team of passionate, innovative teachers who are committed to working collaboratively to impact the lives of our children and to prepare them for lifelong success.
Our Mission: Children’s Aid College Prep Charter School (CACPCS) is a Children’s Aid Community School. CACPCS provides students with a rigorous core instructional program supported by expanded learning opportunities and a comprehensive set of student support services. The integration of each of these elements supports the delivery of our whole-child approach.
Why Teach at CACPCS: We believe teachers are the lead factor in our students’ success, so we do everything we can to invest in them and empower them. Our teachers receive an abundance of planning time, strengths-based coaching, and professional development. They are given the autonomy to make decisions, have a voice in school-wide decision-making, and are consistently supported by their colleagues and school leaders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish and build meaningful relationships with the students and among students to promote learning;
- Establish and implement classroom routines and procedures to maximize student learning;
- Motivate students to do their best work and inspire the love of learning;
- Develop a classroom culture that promotes serious learning and sophisticated forms of thinking;
- Establish purpose, activate students’ prior knowledge, and prepare students for learning;
- Present new information and provide opportunities for students to actively engage with content;
- Help students solidify their understanding and practice new skills;
- Help students demonstrate their learning and collect evidence to assess student progress;
- Help students look back on their learning and refine their learning process;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, families, and members of the community;
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth, the school community, and professionalism.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A Master’s or above is a plus
- New York State Certification for relevant grades and content area or demonstrated process towards receiving reciprocity for certification from other states
- Competitive salary that is commensurate with experience
- Full time position with a collaborative team
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits, plus 401(K) with employer match
How to ApplySend your resume and cover letter to CACPCSjobs@gmail.com Children’s Aid College Prep is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.
241 total views, 1 today