Teacher Learning Specialist for Progressive Charter School 2017-18
About Community Roots:
Community Roots Charter School is a rigorous learning community where learning is embedded in meaningful real world context, where children are deliberately taught to see the connections between school and the world. CRCS students will meet or exceed the Common Core standards and be prepared to excel in the 21st century by being taught to be independent thinkers and to work productively within a diverse group of learners. At CRCS students will learn to combine curiosity with appropriate application, which will lead to deep understanding and the confidence to take on challenges to become who they want to be.
Currently, Community Roots has 460 students in grades K-8. Our first 8th grade class graduated in June 2015. Please visit our website for more information about our school: www.communityroots.org
Community Roots is hiring:
We are currently looking for a Learning Specialist to work with students in 6th – 8th grades. At Community Roots, Learning Specialists’ main responsibilities include:
- Provide academic intervention for students in math, reading and writing in the least restrictive setting
- Facilitate and/or participate in student centered research and meetings (e.g. Kid Talk, Functional Behavioral Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans)
- Participate in regular Support Provider Meetings
- Manage IEP caseload, including being available to families via email and telephone, attending and contributing to IEP meetings, and reporting throughout the year on IEP goals
- Provide useful support to teachers in problem-solving for students struggling academically or behaviorally
- Provide instructional support to teachers e.g. regular check-ins with teacher teams, modeling teaching strategies and creating classroom based interventions
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to administer and review assessment data
In addition, Learning Specialists are expected to:
- Always start from a child’s strengths.
- Develop positive, productive relationships with students.
- Develop positive, collaborative relationships with teachers, service providers, and social workers.
Community Roots Charter School seeks individuals who:
- Believe in and are capable of high levels of collaboration and communication
- Believe that communicating and building relationships with children’s families is essential
- See themselves as active learners committed to ongoing professional development
- Believe that all children have the right to an exceptional education
- Understand that children learn in different ways
- Are committed to ensure that every child will succeed
- Are capable of building a safe, nurturing, supportive and high achieving school culture
- Believe that a combination of creativity and research generates engaging curriculum
- Believe that working and educating children in a diverse environment is essential
- Enjoy their work
- Demonstrated success in teaching
- Belief in CRCS mission and philosophy
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize student achievement while creating a nurturing and encouraging school environment
- Hold or are working towards New York State Certification
- Background in teaching Students with Disabilities (Special Education)
How to apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Erin Carstensen, Co-Director of Community Roots Middle School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to ApplyTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Erin Carstensen, Co-Director of Community Roots Middle School at email@example.com.
249 total views, 1 today