Teacher Learning Specialist (Humanities) – High School
Teaching At Noble
18% of our student body has an IEP, representing over 2,000 of our students, over 75% of whom are admitted to four-year universities. We know teaching is hard, so we do what we can to ensure you can focus on student learning by removing barriers to being successful. To do this, Noble offers:
- A Focus on Learning: You are empowered to design your course to best achieve results for students. Our campus leaders minimize disruptions and maximize time focused on student learning. Copy rooms are stockpiled with paper. Classes are rarely interrupted with announcements or special events. Over 95% of students are in attendance daily.
- Accountability and Support: Expectations are consistent. We are obsessed with following through on the basics and are committed to supporting, developing, and retaining high-performing educators.
- Active Community Involvement: Through parent advisory councils, feedback workshops, advocacy support, college enrollment guidance, quarterly parent-teacher conferences, advisory, and other engagement opportunities we invest in every student and family to build lasting, meaningful relationships.
Special Education teachers are responsible for cultivating a community of learners in which diversity of thought is celebrated and results are achieved across all ability levels. Noble Special Education teachers provide individualized opportunities for students to practice the skills and habits necessary to be successful in school. Learning Specialists will provide support in a variety of classroom models including self-contained, pull-out, push-in, and co-taught instruction.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Create curriculum that is backwards planned from SAT domains and dimensions
- Create, accommodate, and modify curriculum to align to IEP goals
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Execute Noble’s student code of conduct with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are held to high expectations and empowered to grow academically
- Develop IEP goals and objectives that address students of all ability levels
- Design and implement behavior management plans
- Advocate for and champion diverse learners, ensuring their growth and preparing them for post-secondary success
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subject
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Illinois Professional Educators License (PEL) with Learning Behavior Specialist 1 endorsement (LBS1)
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Please still apply if you are special education-certified in a different state and/or have a definitive timeline for your certification in Illinois.
If you do not currently have an LBS1 but would like to earn this endorsement, please consider applying for our two certification pathways – Noble-Relay Teaching Residency or the Special Education MAT Program! If you have any questions or would like to know more, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation & Benefits
We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. And we offer a predictable salary schedule with the opportunity for performance bonuses.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.