School Network Staff Managing Director of Schools
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond.
Our inclusive and transformative community seeks a Managing Director for an 2018-19 school year start.
Objective: Managing Directors at STRIVE Prep lead our organization by driving the success of our schools and Principals. Managing Directors oversee school culture and common network instructional programs for groups of schools within the network and are accountable for student achievement in their schools and the development and management of Principals.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values every day:
- Con Ganas: The work we do is challenging, but every challenge is seen as an opportunity and we rarely give up.
- The High Road: We do the right thing and we treat one another with respect and dignity.
- Joy Factor: We work to create a joyful and optimistic work environment that values levity and laughter.
- Accountable Action: We hold clear, high expectations for our work, and we are appropriately held accountable to those expectations by ourselves and others.
- Growth Mindset: We continue to develop professionally and operate with a growth mindset in order to create the best school possible for our students and families.
- Lean In: We communicate with one another professionally, appropriately, honestly, and transparently, both in person and in writing.
- We Serve: Every day is an opportunity to partner with and learn from our students and families, whom we serve with grace and humility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Management of schools:
- Observe schools regularly and partner with Principals to constantly evaluate and improve instruction, curriculum implementation, culture systems, and other aspects of the educational program.
- Use student achievement data to make decisions; build a culture of data-driven instruction throughout the network.
- Support Principals in the growth of their staff through consistent, high-quality coaching and professional development.
- Support Principals s to build and sustain strong staff culture, student culture, and family engagement.
- Support Principals with robust talent management.
Management of Principals:
- Provide frequent informal feedback to Principals and a formal evaluation twice annually.
- Support planning and implementation of summer and school-year training for all network instructional leaders.
- Participate in hiring of Principals and admin teams.
- Design and lead professional development for Principals and admin teams.
- Build a culture of collaboration and communication among Principals.
- Support the Chief Academic Officer with implementation of curricular and instructional priorities through regular observation and feedback.
- Research and identify best practices within STRIVE Prep and from other organizations and help share these practices effectively.
- Collaborate with the STRIVE Prep central office to support operational compliance, student recruitment, and talent functions as needed.
- Serve as a member of STRIVE Prep’s Leadership Team.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree.
- At least three years of experience as a middle school or high school leader with demonstrated success improving academic outcomes for low-income students of color.
<i< i=””>In addition, we strongly prefer the following:
- Speaks Spanish and/or has experience working with English Learners.
- A graduate degree in education, business, or a related field.
<i< i=””>What We Offer Our Network Staff:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Annual performance-based raises.
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Funding of 100 percent of individual medical benefits and a wide range of insurance plans.
- Three weeks of summer vacation, approximately four weeks of school holidays and vacations, and eight days of paid time off annually.
Join This Movement:
STRIVE Prep educators inspire and encourage our students to think critically, communicate clearly, and collaborate openly, both in and outside of the classroom. By bringing together challenging academics with celebration and joy, we fuel a sense of curiosity, creativity and lifelong possibility in our students and our teachers. No matter where you join us in your career, we welcome our staff to help make STRIVE Prep a place where everyone in our community can STRIVE and THRIVE.
Equity and Inclusion:
STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. We must challenge ourselves as educators on what it means to serve all students, families and each other through a lens of Dignity for All, all the time. To us, Dignity for All means honoring and respecting the rich diversity of who we are and the unique gifts and talents that each of us bring. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias and seek to provide each candidate with a unique and equitable opportunity for employment.
How to ApplyTo apply click here!
316 total views, 1 today