Teacher Master’s of Educational Equity Candidate
Arkansas faces a significant teacher shortage, and the lack of highly-effective teachers disproportionately affects students in struggling, high-poverty schools.
The newly created Arkansas Academy for Educational Equity at the University of Arkansas aims to address this shortage while improving the effectiveness of early career teachers working in struggling, high-poverty schools in Arkansas. We are looking for 8 secondary math teachers and 8 secondary English language arts teachers to relocate to Arkansas and spend at least two years working in Little Rock or one of our rural partner districts. All teachers will receive consistent coaching and mentoring from a coach with content expertise and will receive a free Master’s degree from the University of Arkansas as well as a $2,500 signing bonus.
We are looking for teachers who:
- Have developing expertise in content and instructional knowledge to support student learning
- Have developing ability to set up strong classroom systems to support student learning
- Strive to continuously learn and develop and improve personal effectiveness
- Seek and incorporate feedback to improve effectiveness as a teacher
- Create solutions in the face of challenges
- Build strong relationships with students, their families, and other staff members at their school
- Develop and cultivate relationships with parents to support student learning
- Use data in the classroom to assess, prioritize and adjust learning
- Have a passion for improving educational access for students
- Have a passion for and interest in educating kids living in rural and small, low-density cities
- Operate with a positive and growth-mindset in challenging situations and in partnership with people that are different than them
- Value strengths, experiences and perspective of others
Applicant acceptance will include a contract to teach with one of our partner districts. Applicants will complete Master’s coursework alongside teachers who already teach in our partner districts.
- 4 weeks of intensive skill-building mentoring in July 2018 and July 2019 (location TBD in Arkansas)
- Regular coaching throughout the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 school years
- One online course each semester: Fall 2018, Spring 2019, Fall 2019 and Spring 2020
We are looking for entrepreneurial and optimistic teachers to join our inaugural cohort and help shape our program.
How to ApplyApplication Deadlines
- Application Deadline 1: March 18, 2018
- Application Deadline 2: April 15, 2018
- Cover letter
- Unit plan
683 total views, 1 today