Instructional Support Math and Science Instructor
Our fundamental belief at Freudigman & Billings is that children learn best in the context of supportive relationships. We are committed to helping students better understand how they learn and how they can take ownership of that learning. Our team provides educational solutions for adolescents and children through individual assessment, personally tailored learning programs, and one-on-one coaching.
Subject instruction provides support in all varieties of coursework. These services reinforce understanding, provide support with weekly homework assignments, prepare students for exams, and develop analytical skills. The ideal candidate not only has a background in math and science, but also possesses an inherent curiosity about the process of developing individualized educational plans. Impeccable organizational skills, the ability to think critically, and appropriate professional judgment are necessary qualities to excel in this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Report to the Director of Subject Tutoring, who reports to the Director of Educational Services
- Ability to teach at the AP level in several of the following content areas: Calculus, Statistics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Economics
- Collaborate with Director of Subject Tutoring as necessary in order to generate and execute specific plans for each student
- Coordinate with other colleagues, such as a student’s Ed Therapist or Test Prep Instructor, in order to provide coordinated services.
- Assist the Director with creating math and science curriculum and other special projects
- Maintain confidentiality and security of client information
- Attend weekly staff meetings and client case reviews
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and driven to help students succeed
- Aptitude for building relationships with students and colleagues
- Ability to thrive and be confident in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to pass a background check
- Reliable transportation
- Weekday availability between 12:30pm and 9pm and Sunday availability between 11am and 7:30pm
- Customer service experience
- Prior tutoring and/or teaching experience
- Experience with Standardized Tests (ACT, SAT, SAT Subject Tests) a plus
How to ApplyPlease send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
228 total views, 11 today