Instructional Support Math Director
Wonderful College Prep Academy is committed to providing a world-class education for all students. The Academy’s mission is to graduate students who are prepared to earn a college degree and to put them on a promising career path for life. We believe this begins with a nurturing, engaging, community-centered school environment where students develop a strong academic foundation in literacy and math. Ultimately, this will prepare generations of leaders in the Central Valley who are critical thinkers and life-long learners.
The Academy’s first school opened in 2009 serving students of Delano and surrounding communities in grades 6-12. In seven years, the Academy has become the premier high school in the region, with 75% of its graduates attending 4-year universities. In Fall 2017, we added an elementary school to our Delano campus and launched a brand new charter school in Lost Hills. In Lost Hills, we serve approximately 100 students in grades PreK-2 and will grow rapidly to serve students through 12th grade over the next five years.
The Math Director will provide instructional leadership, vision, and strategic direction for curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional development ensuring Wonderful College Prep Academy schools have outstanding math achievement and growth across all grades (K-12), with an emphasis on middle school grades. Math achievement is measured in a number of ways, including ACT, SBAC, and NWEA assessments as well as internal assessments, with the goal of ensuring all students are on track to be ready to successfully complete college level math requirements.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Shared Instructional Vision: Supports a vision of powerful teaching and learning, with an urgency to prepare students to thrive in universities and career with a strong foundation in mathematics.
Innovation: Develop and execute innovative strategies to ensure math instruction is world-class. Deconstruct problems and develop actionable solutions and systems to enhance math programming.
Talent Development: Oversees school-wide math professional development and instructional coaching in partnership with Sr. Director of Learning and instructional leadership team. Designs and delivers high impact ongoing professional development for new and experienced math teachers. Provides and coordinates instructional coaching of math teachers through routine observations and feedback.
Continuous Improvement: Tracks, evaluates, and supports student achievement to ensure a world-class academic model that prepares 100% of our students for four-year colleges. Oversees and manages school-wide math data analytics, establishes and monitors assessment calendar, and conducts quarterly quality assurance reviews to monitor implementation of academic model.
Intervention: Trains teachers to manage, interpret, and use assessment data and facilitate the analysis of data and student work to guide instructional decision-making. Assists teachers with the diagnosis of student difficulties in math and the planning of appropriate intervention strategies for diverse learners.
Curriculum: Develops an articulated math program from Pre-K through Associates degree and designs math curriculum materials and unit plans to ensure mastery of standards, reviewing and revising materials and resources as needed.
Other leadership responsibilities, as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
Education and Experience:
- Experience as a Math coach or comparable leadership position preferred
- Graduate of a recognized college or university with a master’s level or higher degree
- Math classroom teaching experience required
- Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred
- Passion for working with traditionally underserved communities in high performance settings
- Entrepreneurial spirit capable of managing many complex tasks with competing priorities
- Strong execution and leadership abilities including inspirational vision, conflict management, team building, mentoring and coaching, goal-setting, prioritization and strategic planning
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, orally and in writing
- Organized and self-managed, able to handle many responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent problem-solver
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Self-reflective leader who is committed to ongoing learning and growth
- Dependable and excellent at follow-through
- Commitment to our organization’s mission and educational philosophy
Here’s what we bring to the table:
- Free access to the Wonderful Wellness Clinic
- Free access to the Wonderful Fitness Center
- Company paid health/vision/dental for self
- Employer contributions to CalSTRS
- Voluntary 403b
- Positions are bonus eligible
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated educator to assume a pivotal role in an innovative school environment. Wonderful College Prep Academy offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience. Incentive bonuses and relocation stipends are available.
Applications and questions should be made to the attention to Valerie Green at Valerie.email@example.com opens an email client application . Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
1. Resume stating position, dates of employment, employer and key responsibilities
2. Cover letter explaining your qualifications against the job announcement and WCPA mission
3. Proof of credential
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the institution and its employees.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
How to ApplyTo apply, please use the following link - https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1057741&d=TheWonderfulCompany-External&r=5000292295106#/
26 total views, 1 today