Teacher Math Instructor
Do you enjoy being part of a supportive and mission-based community? Are you looking to help lead a unique flexible school model in alignment with organizational, charter, regulatory, community, financial, and accountability goals of the school? Are you looking to help make a generational impact on families through curriculum?
At the Indianapolis Decatur Goodwill Excel Center, school days are 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Mondays through Thursdays are instructional and Fridays are flexible/preparatory days each week.
Instructors hold primary responsibility for the implementation and development of The Excel Center curriculum and the success of its students. We seek teachers who are committed to continuously improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration as part of a team. The Instructor will facilitate learning for students attending Excel Center, meeting students “where they are”. He/she employs a student-centered approach effectively tailoring the instructional strategies to the individual students’ needs approaching instruction with grit, creativity, and innovation. Strategies may include but are not limited to direct instruction, one-on-one instruction, seminars, self-paced lessons, and online learning environments. Instructors employ high impact instructional practices and motivational techniques. The position will work with the instructional team in meeting the educational objectives and adhering to the Indiana State Standards.
- Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards; Build lessons around student needs including online learning tools and content.
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards; Be accountable for students mastery of Indiana Academic State Standards.
- Track and analyze classroom data; Use attendance and assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices to achieve learning goals.
- Focus constantly on student learning; Think critically and strategically to respond to specific student learning needs across ability levels.
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions aimed at improving student retention, productivity, school culture, and new student orientation
- Communicate student progress effectively with students, colleagues; Collaborate with staff to ensure student success.
- Work with coaches and leadership staff to support students’ progress towards graduation and post secondary planning.
- Attend all team and professional development meetings.
- All other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in subject specialty required with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience post licensing, preferred.
- Current Indiana Teaching Certification in subject specialty, dual licensure preferred; mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects.
- Experience working with high school age students in urban, non-traditional, and/or in adult education setting highly preferred
- Has working knowledge of computer programs to perform clerical tasks: Google Applications (specifically Gmail), Excel, Word and Internet Explorer.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish, highly preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
Full-time employees may participate in a comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Continuing education and leadership development as well as tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive health plan
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Life, dental and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Nationally recognized preventive health and wellness program
- Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
- Retirement plan with generous match or contribution into Teachers’ Retirement Fund for eligible employees
- Eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
Goodwill Education Initiatives:
Goodwill strongly believes it is essential to raise education attainment levels in Indiana. Not only are the lifetime earnings of high school graduates significantly higher than those of dropouts, children of high school graduates are 50% less likely to drop out of high school than the children of dropouts are. Goodwill provides opportunities for adults (The Excel Center) and youth (Indianapolis Metropolitan High School).
The Excel Center Model:
The Excel Center® is operated by Goodwill Education Initiatives, Inc., a not-for-profit organization formed by Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
Recognizing that nearly a half million working-age Hoosiers lack a high school diploma, Goodwill opened The Excel Center for adults in 2010. The Excel Center is a tuition-free public high school for adults offering an Indiana Core 40 high school diploma.
The Excel Center currently serves more than 4,000 students annually.
Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled