Teacher Math or Science Teacher
The mission of New York City Charter School of the Arts is to inspire a diverse community of young people to engage with the arts as a pathway to rich and rigorous academic learning and a creative, purposeful life. City School of the Arts opened our doors to 102 sixth grade students in the fall of 2016. The school will add an additional grade each year until we reach our capacity of 306 students ranging from grades 6-8.
Arts-based learning has been proven to boost academic achievement in math, science, history and literacy, while helping students build capacities like problem-solving, critical thinking, empathy, resilience and willingness to engage across differences. Our creative, academically challenging program is designed to meet the needs of all learners and is uniquely well-suited to supporting English Language Learners and students with learning differences. City School of the Arts is not a traditional “art school”, but rather a high-performing, academically-focused school where the arts and the imagination are used to help a new generation of young leaders create, learn and thrive.
Responsibilities of a City School of the Arts Teacher will include but are not limited to:
- Be present and engaged from 7:30AM to 4:30PM Monday-Friday;
- Implement curricula and activities to meet Common Core aligned grade level standards;
- Design and implement formative assessments that measure progress towards academic standards;
- Use formative, summative, and interim assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices;
- Participate in professional learning communities;
- Co-plan, manage, and maintain a positive culture and climate in “Home” (homeroom), leveraging relationships to promote positive academic experiences and mindful, effective communication;
- With support, deliver a socio-emotional curriculum to a group of ‘advisees’ twice a week;
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development to integrate the arts and interdisciplinary learning across grade level;Collaborate with colleagues to infuse artistic practice and the creative process into the planning and executing of each lesson
- Integrate visual and performing arts into lessons and units of study
- Stay current on events and exhibits at local contemporary and historic artistic centers and institutions
- Serve as a camp counselor/ chaperone on three overnight field trips.
- Fulfill other responsibilities in collaboration with the Principal and grade-level team
- Other duties, as assigned by the Principal
How to ApplyTo apply to join our team, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com . For more information about positions available, please send questions directly to Jamie Davidson, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
283 total views, 1 today