Instructional Support Math Specialist at Small Progressive Charter School 2018-2019
About Community Roots:
Community Roots Charter School is a rigorous learning community where learning is embedded in meaningful real world context, where children are deliberately taught to see the connections between school and the world. CRCS students will meet or exceed the Common Core standards and be prepared to excel in the 21st century by being taught to be independent thinkers and to work productively within a diverse group of learners. At CRCS students will learn to combine curiosity with appropriate application, which will lead to deep understanding and the confidence to take on challenges to become who they want to be.
Currently, Community Roots has 460 students in grades K-8. Our first 8th grade class graduated in June 2015. Please visit our website for more information about our school: www.communityroots.org.
Community Roots is hiring:
A Math Specialist for grades 6-8.
- Implement targeted, research-based math interventions to individual students and small groups of students in the least restrictive setting
- Collect and use student data to set goals and monitor progress toward instructional outcomes
- Provide push in/pull out Special Education Teacher Support Services (SETSS)
- Manage IEP caseload
- Remain in frequent communication with families
- Attend IEP pre-meetings and meetings and contribute relevant information
- Report three times a year on IEP goals
- Facilitate and/or participate in student centered research and meetings (e.g. Child Study Team, Functional Behavioral Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans)
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to administer and review assessment data e.g. school based assessments, proctor state tests
- Co-facilitate a “crew”, our school’s advisory structure
- Special education certification (or progress towards)
- Demonstrated success in implementing math intervention and/or instruction at the secondary level
- Belief in CRCS mission and philosophy
- Preference for a degree in mathematics or in teaching mathematics
Community Roots seeks individuals who:
- Believe in and are capable of high levels of collaboration and communication
- Believe that communicating and building relationships with children’s families is essential
- See themselves as active learners committed to ongoing professional development
- Always start from a child’s strengths
- Understand that children learn in different ways
- Are capable of building a safe, nurturing, supportive and high achieving school culture
- Believe that working and educating children in a diverse environment is essential
- Enjoy their work
How to ApplyPlease apply online at www.communityroots.org/jobs.
144 total views, 1 today