Teacher Math Teacher – $2,000 Signing Bonus!
Position: Middle Schools Math Teacher
Reports to: Assistant Principal of Instruction – STEM
Location: STRIVE Prep- Kepner, STRIVE Prep – Federal, STRIVE Prep- Westwood, STRIVE Prep – Lake
Salary: $41,000 – $58,000* based on years of experience + a $2,500 addition to base upon successful passing of the Secondary Math Praxis + $2,000 signing bonus
*This position is eligible for a $2,000 STEM signing bonus in addition to other potential compensation listed below*
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2020 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
In addition, both STRIVE Prep – Kepner and STRIVE Prep – Federal utilize COMPASS: Valor’s Social-Emotional Approach at their campus. You can learn more about this program here.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead engaging, data-driven instruction in Mathematics, using a predetermined Math curriculum.
- Teach daily student interventions, providing individualized instruction based on student needs.
- Analyze student data and use it to provide student feedback and set goals
- Collaborate with other teachers, school leaders, curriculum directors, the English Language Development Director, and the special education team to ensure that instruction meets the needs of each learner.
- Be available to students by phone every evening, Monday-Thursday, for homework assistance until 8:00 p.m.
- Lead a student advisory at the beginning and end of each school day, and serve as the main point of contact and advocate for students in an advisory of approximately 15 students.
- Establish systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful, and welcoming classroom environment focused on learning.
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Provide supervision of students during before and after school activities (arrival, dismissal, breakfast, lunch, and break).
- Participate in family and community events, including twice-annual parent conferences and at least one student enrollment event or activity.
- Own the success and achievement of all scholars in the school.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and grade level meetings.
- Participate in regular instructional coaching meetings and content-based department meetings.
- Participate in STRIVE Prep’s Summer Training Institute as well as professional development throughout the school year.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- Achieve Qualified Teacher status (teacher’s license not required) within six weeks of starting through one of the approved channels outlined by the Colorado Department of Education
- Speaks Spanish
- 2+ years of teaching experience
- Knowledgeable about math instruction through a culturally responsive and critical pedagogical framework
- Demonstrated success working with scholars from historically marginalized communities
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time exempt position and is eligible for the below compensation and benefits. You can view our benefits package here.
- *Competitive base compensation based on years of K-12 teacher of record experience and other relevant factors allowable by Colorado law and STRIVE Prep policy.
- We offer a $2,500 stipend for those qualified by CDE to teach secondary mathematics.
- Health benefits (eligibility for full-time employees only)
- 100% employer-paid premium for employee-only medical coverage
- Company Paid Employee Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life (Employee, Spouse, Child)
- Voluntary Critical Illness & Accidental Coverage
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in the Colorado Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA) pension program (in lieu of Social Security tax) with an option to elect into a competitive 401(k) plan.
- Applicable Pay for Performance increase upon successful completion of a full school year
- Time off benefits (eligibility for full-time employees only)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Designated Breaks
- Up to 6 weeks of paid Family Leave (upon eligibility)
- Paid Sabbatical (upon eligibility)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.