Teacher Math Teacher
Plan, carryout, evaluate and supervise instructional lessons and activities in the areas of Math Education for assigned students at a recovery high school.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required
LICENSE: Must hold valid Indiana State Teacher’s License in 9 – 12 Math
- Participate in all professional development activities
- Teach Math (Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry) based on Indiana’s standards
- Provide and exciting and motivating classroom experience via diverse and integrative instructional methods
- Utilize student assessments and evaluations to inform teaching practices
- Use rubric-based authentic assessment methods to evaluate student progress and adapt individual programs to meet student needs.
- Establish an invitational educational environment, engaging all students and promoting high academic standards and leadership skills
- Actively encourage parent and community involvement.
- Maintain current and complete records, calendars and projects.
- Attend and participate in required in-service activities and assist in planning and conducting such activities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively
- Demonstrate high ability to meet all staff obligations
- Work cooperatively with other personnel to improve instructional programs and the overall operation of the school
- Communicate electronically with students, parents, and other staff members concerning student academic progress, attendance, and behavior
- Participate in all meetings called by supervisor(s), consistent with the current employer/employee agreement
- Perform other adjunct duties as assigned by supervisor