Principal or Vice Principal Middle School Assistant Principal / Athletic Director
Middle School Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
- Colorado K-12 Principal License
- Demonstrated strong school leadership and administrative skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong computer and technology skills
- Strong Knowledge of 21st Century educational environment, including experiential learning, positive school culture and discipline, personalized learning, differential instruction and learning styles.
- Athletic Director experience preferred.
Middle School Principal
Middle school coaches
Staff members designated by the principal or superintendent
To assist the principal in providing school-wide leadership, promoting a positive school culture, developing a disciplined school culture, and to learn the role of principal. To provide each enrolled student of secondary school age an opportunity to participate in an extracurricular athletic activity that will foster physical skills, a sense of worth and competence, a knowledge and understanding of the pleasures of sport, and the principles of fair play.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES OF ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL:
- Assists the principal in the overall administration of the school.
- Maintains discipline throughout the student body and promotes a positive school culture; leads the reporting and monitoring of student discipline.
- Promotes student attendance; supervises the reporting and monitoring of student attendance; facilitates attendance policy and student attendance review board meetings to promote student attendance.
- Serves as a principal in the absence of the regular principal.
- Proposes schedules of classes and extracurricular activities.
- Assists in developing annual budget requests.
- Oversees budgets and requisitioning of supplies for all school safety and positive school culture programming; conducts inventories; maintains records; and checks on receipts for such material.
- Maintains school safety by managing the access control system, working closes with the school resource officer(s), manages the school cameras, regular staff training, safety inspections and safety drill practice activities.
- Serves with parent, faculty, and student groups as requested in advancing educational and related activities and objectives.
- Performs such record-keeping functions as the principal may direct.
- Supervises, coaches, and evaluates teachers and departments as assigned by the principal.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the principal may from time to time assign.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES OF ATHLETIC DIRECTOR:
- Organizes and administers the overall program of extracurricular athletics, both intramural and interscholastic, for the middle school.
- Provides leadership in the selection, assignment, development and evaluation of athletic coaches and staff members.
- Fosters good school-community relations by keeping the community aware of and responsive to the athletic program.
- Assumes responsibility for the organization and scheduling of all extra curricular events.
- Hires officials, team physicians, and policemen as required, and assumes general responsibility for the proper supervision of home games.
- Arranges transportation for athletic contest participants and adventure learning trips.
- Develops and places into operation appropriate rules and regulations governing the conduct of athletic activities.
- Verifies each athlete’s eligibility according to established physical and academic requirements of eligibility for participation in each sport.
- Prepares and administers the athletic program budget.
- Requisitions program supplies and equipment.
- Supervises all ticket sales and fund-raising events of the athletic program, and assumes responsibility for proper handling of funds.
- Arranges all details of visiting teams’ needs including gymnasium services, and field assistance, as appropriate.
- Makes arrangements for non-school use of playing fields and facilities.
- Arranges field and gym practice schedules.
- Administers the insurance program covering school athletes, and assumes responsibility for all processing of reports and claims.
- Directs an in-school, extracurricular program designed to foster support for the athletic teams and school spirit among nonparticipants.
- Plans and supervises recognition programs for school athletes and extra curricular activities.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary: Assistant Principal Salary Schedule, up to 7 years experience allowed
Work Schedule: 195 days per year or as designated by board adopted salary schedule. 3 weeks before teachers return for the school year and 1 week after teachers leave for the summer break
Benefits: Full benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, disability, sick leave, and personal leave.
Hours: A minimum of 7.5 hours per day as designated by the Middle School Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt/certified
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Administrative Personnel.
$66,000 – $86,000