Teacher Middle School Dean
School in the Square, an independent charter school in Washington Heights, integrates the core values of democratic living with best practice teaching and learning, ensuring that each child and educator feels known, heard, and safe as well as challenged, supported, and engaged. We are hiring our third cohort of teachers as we welcome a new grade, bringing us to 300 students, grades 6-8.
We’re hiring. We are as committed to adult learning as we are to student learning and are searching for experienced, knowledgeable, reflective and passionate teachers who want to help us build an engaging learning community that respects adolescents.
- Values relationships first with an emphasis on social and emotional learning with high academic expectations
- Empowers teachers and provides the resources to insure student growth
- Measures student growth using multiple assessment tools, including but not limited to test scores
- Provides strong support for educators through ongoing feedback, professional development, planning time and celebration
- Values strong relationships with families
Our Staff Members
- Respect children and are committed to working towards equity for all
- Want to join a vibrant learning community
- Cultivate collegial relationships through open dialogue, collaboration and sharing of effective practices
- Are open to co-teaching with colleagues or apprentice teachers
- Are open to learning from inevitable mistakes and value honest feedback
- Use data to inform instruction and meet the needs of all learners
The Dean of Students will work closely with the Principal and the School Leadership Team to provide proactive leadership to engage all stakeholders in developing students’ social and emotional growth along with their academic achievement. The Dean of Students should have secondary school experience and demonstrate an understanding of engagement with a diverse population.
Dean of Students responsibilities include:
- Participate as a member of the School Leadership Team
- Oversee Parent involvement and supervise the Parent Coordinator
- Supervise Social and Emotional Growth team
- Develop and implement systems to support Restorative Justice practices
- Develop and supervise the high school application process
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in secondary school
- Familiarity with Social Justice and Mindfulness practices in Middle School preferred
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package including health and extremely competitive 401K
How to ApplyApply Now!
38 total views, 4 today