Teacher Middle School ELA Teacher
Be Noble. Teach Middle School ELA at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top fifteen public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. For that reason, we are looking for the best talent in education.
Who We’re Seeking
Teaching at Noble is ideal for instructors motivated by the certainty that all of their students can and will succeed, eager for the autonomy to design the vision and content of their classrooms, and rooted in the desire to continuously improve their instruction through data. We are looking for mission-aligned Middle School ELA teachers for the 2019-2020 academic year who will open the world of language and literature to our scholars. Gary Comer College Prep Middle School is the only middle school campus of the Noble Network of Charter Schools in Chicago, IL. With a vision to develop well-rounded and successful college graduates, our middle school works toward a vision of developing well-rounded and successful college graduates by starting with their students in the sixth grade and supports them through the transition to high school. Each ELA teacher is responsible for cultivating a community of learners in which diversity of thought is celebrated and results are achieved. Noble ELA teachers provide frequent opportunities for students to practice the skills and habits necessary to be successful in school, critically read, and write with concision and insight.
Our ELA teachers are expected to:
- design and implement long term, unit, and lesson plans aligned to a standardized assessment,
- hold self and all students accountable during class, transitions, and school events,
- utilize data from in class and Network-wide formative and summative assessments to drive instruction and intervention, and
- exemplify Noble’s Core Values in the work they do.
Above all else, Noble Middle School ELA teachers must invest our students in the joy of reading and the power of writing.
Noble Quality Non-negotiables
- A belief that all students, regardless of background and current ability, can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A belief in executing Noble’s approach to high expectations
- A record of pursuing and achieving ambitious results
- A regular practice of reflection and desire to continuously improve
- A bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
How to ApplyTo submit an application, please visit our job board here.
357 total views, 1 today