Teacher Middle School Math Teacher 2020-21
If you’re an awesome, highly qualified math teacher, please read below:
Equality Charter School (http://www.equalitycharterschool.org/) provides a high level of academic rigor in a nurturing learning community that will prepare scholars to be career-ready in college. Our mission is to ensure each scholar reaches individual academic and personal success through a nurturing, scholar-centered approach; and our approach is to serve any scholar, including those who are under-performing or who are from families in need of more resources.
We offer a positive school environment, we value academic, behavioral, and social-emotional needs, we use proactive strategies for teaching appropriate behaviors, and we use project based learning to engage scholars. Our holistic programming focuses on career exploration, extensive athletics, art, health, theatre and music, and a host of special days, like career day, international day, and a borough-wide college fair.
Advantages of teaching at Equality include emphasis on knowledge sharing practices, frequent trainings and targeted professional development opportunities, and opportunities for teacher leadership within the organization.
Who is an Equality Teacher?
Equality seeks the most talented and dedicated educators to bring their skills, experience, and energy to a collaborative and innovative learning environment where teachers are empowered to meet each student’s unique learning needs and open the doors to new and rich opportunities. Our teachers are dynamic and innovative pedagogues who are committed to urban students and the issues they face every day.
Every Equality teacher can expect to receive enhanced instructional support, a range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to be part of a passionate team of colleagues. If you have the following qualities, credentials and experience, please consider joining our team:
- Compassionate and Passionate; Results-driven and Goal oriented
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills with colleagues, parents, and students
- Ability to incorporate reading and writing strategies in classroom instruction
- Ability to incorporate hands-on and co-operative learning activities
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters Preferred)
- New York State Teaching Certification (or in process of reciprocity)
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
Equality is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more? Check out the links below to learn more about Equality Charter School:
- Equality Website – http://www.equalitycharterschool.org/
- Equality’s Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/equalitycharterschool/
- Equality News Site – http://www.equalitycharterschool.org/news/
- Equality’s LinkedIn Page – https://www.linkedin.com/company/2769597?trk=hp-feed-company-name
- Executive Director Caitlin Franco’s LinkedIn Page – https://www.linkedin.com/in/caitlin-franco-47434111