Teacher Middle School Math Teacher
Amani Public Charter School, a public charter school that serves students in grades 5-8 in Mount Vernon, NY, seeks to hire an Eighth Grade Math teacher: expected courses to teach will be Common Core Algebra 1 and 8th Grade Math. THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE JANUARY 22, 2018. Math Teachers are dedicated to promoting independent, critical thinkers, inspired to develop a love for mathematics and numeracy. The Math teacher at Amani will build a classroom culture in which scholars love math. They will provide clear and consistently high quality math instruction for all scholars. In addition they will create instructional lesson plans and classroom activities that contribute to a climate where scholars are actively engaged in a meaningful learning experience. Finally as a data driven school we are searching for a unique individual who can drive academic outcomes by analyzing student work, studying data, and implementing high -leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all scholars. Our goal is to provide Amani Scholars with the academic and critical thinking skills necessary to succeed in competitive high school programs, college and the career of their choice. The successful individual will also bring a mastery of classroom management, experience working in an urban environment and a track record of building strong relationships with scholars and families. Candidates must be certified Math Instructor – Secondary Certification, 5-6 extension is a plus
- Utilize a wide range of assessment tools and strategies to regularly measure student progress against identified goals, e.g. quizzes, rubrics, written work and performance
- Collaborate with peers on curriculum development and lesson planning to maximize opportunities for connecting curricula and concepts
- Share student work, and troubleshoot difficult issues relating to student success, difficulties and progress
- Have a complete understanding of curricular goals and objectives
- Observe, assess, record and research instructional strategies that foster mastery of learning for students at all levels of academic achievement, including students with disabilities.
- Utilize a wide range of instructional strategies to meet students’ different learning styles and needs.
- Adapt lessons and differentiate instructional strategies to optimize student mastery of the standards and learning objectives.
- Develop student individual and group learning goals based on data analysis, and other performance assessment indicators.
- Create and maintain conditions within the classroom that lead to accomplishment of the school mission.
- Maintain an atmosphere of high expectations for students, in order to promote effective learning by explicitly identifying mastery goals.
- Respond to inappropriate behavior in a non-coercive, professional manner, using consistent, positive teacher to student interactions.
- Keep accurate records of student attendance and progress.
- Communicate frequently with parents to share information, insights and student successes
- Participate in professional development sessions and coordinate lesson topics with other teachers in order to create a coherent curricular design to maximize student understanding and enrich the learning experience
- Engage in self-reflection and reflection on academic practices in order to succeed in achieving academic goals
- Participate with Director of Curriculum and Instruction in developing and meeting the goals of an individualized professional development plan
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree Preferred
- New York State Teaching Certification Required
- Demonstrated successful experience working in an urban school setting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with staff and parents
- Demonstrated competence in oral and written to communication
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member
- Flexibility and sense of humor
How to ApplySend Resume and Coverletter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
282 total views, 2 today