Teacher Middle School Math Teacher
Who We Are
RePublic Schools is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by teaching them to code – starting in the 5th grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income, and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic’s schools in Tennessee have scored in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the state for both student growth and absolute achievement – making ours the first (and only) charter schools in state history to achieve this dual distinction. In 2015, RePublic launched the first public charter school in Mississippi history – and we’ve got ambitious plans for growth in Mississippi over the next few years.
At RePublic, we cultivate a cohesive community of families, staff, and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our scholars succeed. We are looking for dynamic, determined Middle School Math Teachers to lock arms with our school teams in Jackson, MS for the 2018-2019 school year. Candidates must share our unwavering belief that all children can achieve at high levels and change the world. Sound like you?
Who You Are
- A steadfast believer that all students can achieve academic excellence, regardless of background
- A growth-minded tinkerer who is constantly learning, improving, and hungry for feedback
- A gritty problem-solver who is eager to approach challenges with smart solutions in mind
- An eternal optimist who supports and motivates your teammates by having their back
- A bond-builder, who believes that strong relationships are the lynchpin for strong schools
- A fervent planner who backwards maps from big goals to drive daily actions
- A detail maven who recognizes that big things come from small, intentional actions over time
- A data-driven analyst who reflects and takes swift action based on results
- A proactive communicator who reaches out to students, families, and teammates
What You’ll Do
- Get results. Ensure that students are growing. Continually plan lessons and analyze data to push scholars to master rigorous content.
- Never stop growing. Offer and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that aspires to excellence and is conducive to constant improvement; dive humbly into school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly sessions during the academic year.
- Bring it. Have stamina and the ability to set and achieve ambitious goals, and handle the intensity required to bring your best self to a high-performing school environment where the stakes are high for kids.
- Own your content. Create rigorous curriculum aligned to RePublic’s academic model and Common Core Standards, do the intellectual prep needed to deliver rigorous instruction, and develop and demonstrate a genuine passion for your content area that is contagious to scholars.
- Deliver strong. Dynamically lead students in whole-class and small-group settings, cultivate intellectual curiosity and a love of learning in scholars, and adjust using qualitative and quantitative data to ensure student understanding and meet differentiated student needs.
- Be the teammate you want next door. Emanate optimism, bring up the daily happiness quotient of the people around you, share feedback to solve problems, reflect on how your actions impact others, and take ownership over creating the staff culture you want to show up to each day.
- Reach higher – and sweat the small stuff. Develop, uphold, and implement RePublic’s values and systems to effectively manage a classroom, create a consistent experience for scholars across the school, and lead students to meet sky-high academic and behavioral expectations.
- Spread the love. Build deep relationships with students, families, and staff to foster a culture of joy and community. Maintain strong lines of communication with families about student progress, and go above and beyond to support and collaborate closely with teammates in the united pursuit of RePublic’s mission.
The Fine Print
- Qualifications/Certification. All candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree is a plus. All full-time RePublic teachers must have a valid Mississippi teaching license, or willingness/eligibility to pursue state certification, if necessary.
- Prior Experience. Prior experience teaching, experience teaching in a low-income community, and a demonstrated ability to raise achievement levels of traditionally underserved students highly preferred. Ability to demonstrate a deep commitment to addressing historic inequity along lines of race + class in the American South required.
- Compensation. Salary is competitive with local district and partner charter organizations, and commensurate based on prior experience in education. Compensation at RePublic includes a comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
- Interested? To apply for this position, please submit a resume and an optional cover letter: http://republiccharterschools.org/careers
35 total views, 1 today