Principal or Vice Principal Middle School Principal
Category: Administration/Middle School Principal
Date Posted: 04/01/2021
Location: Craig Middle School
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Contract Terms: August 1st, 2021 through June 30th, 2022
Starting Salary: Step 1 Middle School Principal of Administrators Salary Schedule, dependent upon experience.
Moffat County School District is seeking a Principal for the Craig Middle School in Moffat County. The Craig Middle School is the only 6th – 8th school in the district, houses an average of 425 students with an average of 58 staff members.
As the Principal and an instructional leader this person will work in a supportive position with the teachers and support staff to increase student achievement in a safe, pleasant and effective educational environment while following the Strategic Plan and guidelines set by the Moffat County School District Board of Education . Along with student achievement the principal will support professional staff development, sustain a positive school culture, and maintain positive and productive relations with parents and the community.
- Currently hold a valid Colorado Principal License or be eligible to obtain a valid Colorado Principal License prior to beginning of employment contract
- MCSD Application and Materials: Your application will be considered when all required materials have been received. MCSD application requirements include, copy of current licenses/certifications, current resume, three current (within one year) letters of recommendation.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong commitment to academic excellence and personal growth of every student. This person will have proven success and understanding in the following areas:
- Productive classroom management and instructional practices in secondary education.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate and possess an interest in expanding the use of technology in education.
- Student data analysis and utilization of that data to improve student growth and success.
- Development and implementation of curriculum that supports students of all levels academically and socially.
- Promotion of positive student behavior programs and effective implementation of student disciplinary actions.
- Effective budget creation and management.
- Supervision and performance evaluation of certified and classified staff.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training of staff.
- Promotion and coordination of staff development and professional growth.
- Demonstrate ability and commitment in staff and parent relations.
- Knowledge of special needs populations.
- Knowledge of school accreditation process.
Benefits include: PERA retirement, health insurance, paid time off, short and long term disability, other optional benefit elections.
Additional information: *Salary/pay rate is determined based on qualifications and experience relevant to the job description requirements. Full pay range may be found on the appropriate salary schedule. Salary schedule link below. Employees hired new into a position are rarely qualified to receive maximum of the pay range shown on the salary schedule.
In compliance with Title VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, Moffat County School District RE-1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. English speaking ability will not be a barrier to participation and admission to District programs. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees or need for special education services. The following person(s) have been identified as the compliance officer for the District. Compliance Officer for Title IX – Scott Pankow, Superintendent, Renae Ogden, Executive Director of School Support and Personnel, 600 Texas Ave, Craig, CO 81625, 826-4249.
En cumplimiento del Título VI y VII del Acto de Derechos Civiles de 1964, Título IX de la Enmienda de Educación de 1972; Sección 504 del Acto de la Rehabilitación de 1973, la Discriminación de Edad en Acto del Empleo de 1967, el Acto de los Americanos con Discapacidades, el Acto de no Discriminación de Información Genética de 2008 y la ley de Colorado, Condado de Moffat Distrito Escolar RE-1 no discrimina ilegalmente en base a raza, color, sexo, religión, origen nacional, ascendencia, credo, edad, estado civil, orientación sexual, información genética, discapacidad o necesidad de servicios de educación especial en la admisión, acceso, tratamiento o empleo en programas educativos o actividades que opera. Capacidad de hablar ingles no será un obstáculo para la participación y admisión a programas del Distrito. Se han establecido procedimientos de queja para los estudiantes, padres, empleados o necesidad de servicios de educación especial. La(s) siguiente(s) persona(s) han sido identificadas como el oficial de cumplimiento para el Distrito. Renae Ogden, Condado de Moffat Distrito Escolar RE-1,600 Texas Ave, Craig Co 81625, 970-826-6270, firstname.lastname@example.org.