Teacher Middle School Teachers
Green Dot recognizes that high-quality instruction is central to the academic success of students. We are seeking talented middle school teachers for our students. Our staff is committed to continuing their own learning and refining their practice to stay current in the field ensuring a quality education for all. We offer intensive, specialized professional development days, regular observations, summer training, and campus-level leadership opportunities. We believe strongly in providing training and support to our staff to enable strong teaching and learning in every classroom.
- Effectively instruct students in assigned content area(s) as prescribed by Green Dot’s academic content standards through direct instruction, demonstrating, and using audio-visual aids and other materials to supplement presentations with the overall goal of engaging student learning. Teachers are expected to teach an Advisory section to a group of students centered on College, Leadership, and Life.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence. Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team and within content areas planning and aligning curricula to ensure that instruction follows curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- Set clear short-term and long-term goals to drive instruction.
- Develop and submit weekly and long range lesson plans containing standards, objectives, essential questions, assessments and lesson plans; assign lessons and review homework.
- Consistently use data to evaluate pupil progress, record results, develop and implement reteach plans, and share results with students and parents.
- Create and implement student intervention plans when necessary for students in special education programs and general education students.
- Maintain the school’s student management policies and procedures (i.e. attendance records, dress code, etc.) and report to the school administrators when necessary.
- Maintain effective supervision and discipline in the classroom.
- Work with other teachers and administrators to address and resolve student issues.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students.
- Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Lead and participate in student activities such as: sponsoring student activities or student organizations, coaching a sports team, working with parents and the community as part of a committee or group, provide morning or after school supervision, and chaperoning student activities.
- Abide by all state and federal mandates in reporting sexual or physical abuse and neglect
- Special projects and duties outside of primary teaching responsibility as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- You have a growth mindset and love of learning
- You hold (or will hold by July 2021) a valid and appropriate teaching license in the state of Texas
- You have strong content knowledge, pedagogical understanding, and the capacity to plan and deliver instruction to meet the needs of students
- You display a relentless commitment to and high standards for high quality execution
- You are passionate and demonstrate a high level of personal responsibility towards ambitious goals
- You have excellent collaborative and organizational skills
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a strong ethical base and self-awareness
- You are dependable, humble, have a sense of humor and a rock-solid commitment to Green Dot’s mission and the communities we serve
- You will need to pass a background check at time of offer
Our teacher salary scale ranges from $51,000 to $72,00 based on years of experience. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan including (but not limited to) medical, dental, vision, life insurance and TRS participation, as well as the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of all students.