School Network Staff New Visions, Executive Director
New Visions Charter High Schools, collectively the largest charter high school network in New York City, is a group of seven affiliated, high-performing, NYC public charter high schools located in the Bronx, Queens, and Brooklyn boroughs. Our schools use innovative and responsive teaching models in order to provide individualized support and programming so that each student graduates ready to become a productive member of society with a comprehensive post-secondary plan.
Our school leaders and staff provide holistic social and emotional support to all students in an environment of inclusive family engagement and extensive involvement with their communities.
The seven New Visions Charter High Schools are:
- Advanced Math and Science I – 99 Terrace View Ave., Bronx, NY 10463
- Humanities I – 99 Terrace View Ave., Bronx, NY 10463
- Advanced Math and Science II – 900 Tinton Ave., Bronx, NY 10456
- Humanities II – 900 Tinton Ave., Bronx, NY 10456
- Advanced Math and Science III – 3000 Avenue X, Brooklyn, NY 11235
- Advanced Math and Science IV – 156-10 Baisley Blvd., Queens, NY 11434
- Humanities IV – 100-00 Beach Channel Dr., Queens, NY 11694
To learn more about New Visions Charter High Schools, please visit https://www.newvisions.org/.
New Visions Charter High Schools is seeking a dynamic and experienced education sector Executive Director to both manage the schools’ transition away from the current CMO and to build and lead the new internally managed network. This Executive Director will work closely with the Boards of Trustees and principals in hiring the leadership team and setting the network’s new organizational structure. The seven schools range in tenure from six to thirteen years, each with a highly experienced principal and a strong leadership team.
The Executive Director will report directly to the Board of Trustees. Together with the senior management team, they will be responsible for all aspects of managing and operating a network of charter high schools, including: working with school leaders to develop short- and long-term goals; creating and supporting school structures and programming; providing recruitment and marketing, human resources services, and professional development; and managing all aspects of finance, administration and compliance.
This position provides the opportunity to create an internally managed network organization to exclusively serve the largest set of affiliated NYC public charter high schools and to continue to build on the schools’ excellent track records.
Key Responsibilities of the Executive Director will include:
- Strategic Leadership
- Manage and work closely with the principals of the seven schools in implementing and further development of academic programming to maintain the schools’ high performance;
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the charter school network, including budgeting, financial management, facilities management, and compliance with all relevant laws and regulations;
- Establish and maintain effective systems and processes to ensure smooth operations and efficient use of resources;
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that promote a safe, inclusive, and supportive learning environment for all students and staff.
- Staff Recruitment, Management, and Development
- Create, hire, and retain a highly qualified team and staff who are committed to the network’s mission and key design elements;
- Provide leadership, support, and professional development opportunities to staff members to foster their growth and enhance their effectiveness;
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment that values equity and excellence.
- Fundraising and Resource Development
- Work closely with the Board of Trustees to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy to secure resources for the network’s programs and initiatives;
- Cultivate relationships with donors, foundations, and corporate partners to expand the school’s funding base and enhance its financial sustainability.
- Community Engagement and Partnerships
- Build and maintain strong relationships with parents, families, and the local community to ensure their active involvement and support in the education of our students;
- Collaborate with external partners, including community organizations, businesses, and other educational institutions, to enhance educational opportunities and resources for students.
In order to fulfill these responsibilities, the ideal Executive Director candidate will have:
- A proven track record of school and/or network leadership experience, preferably in a charter school setting;
- Strong understanding of and commitment to equity and excellence as core principles of charter school education and the ability to effectively articulate and promote the network’s mission and vision;
- Demonstrated success in leading educational organizations, initiatives and board members around strategic planning, program development, and staff management;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with diverse stakeholders;
- Proven ability to manage budgets, financial resources, and operations effectively;
- Strong understanding of charter educational policies, regulations, and compliance requirements, preferably in NY State.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This position offers a competitive salary range of $190,000 – $225,000 and a comprehensive benefits package. More details can be provided upon request.