Operations / Administration Office Administrator
REPORTS TO: Human Resources and Accounts Payable Manager
The Colorado Charter School Institute (CSI) is a statewide charter school authorizer whose mission is to foster high-quality public-school choices offered through charter schools, particularly schools that are focused on closing the achievement gap for at-risk students. Governed by a board of nine members appointed by the Governor and Commissioner of Education, CSI currently serves a diverse portfolio of 42 schools across the state of Colorado serving over 20,000 students. CSI is uniquely positioned to serve and promote charter school innovation in communities throughout Colorado and to be a leader in improvements in authorizer practices. CSI aspires to continue growing the quality and quantity of its portfolio of schools in Colorado in response to the need for high quality, innovative charter school options. Our organization is at an extraordinary point of opportunity and is poised to make additional systemic changes that will yield improvements within the portfolio’s overall student achievement.
Please note: Applications will be reviewed as they are received. This position is non-classified and is not subject to appeal rights.
CSI is seeking an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats to join our team. This position is best filled by an individual who enjoys a wide range of administrative tasks, is well organized and can work independently. Our organization offers a positive, collaborative and mission driven culture. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Please see below for a complete position description:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ROLE-SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
Main Office Administrative Duties (60% of time worked):
- Execute all clerical and office management functions for CSI staff
- Serve as front line for all school calls, general requests, and interfaces with CSI departmental staff to respond to CSI school questions, requests for information, and problem resolution
- Maintain CSI School and internal staff contact information via shared drive system and CSI website
- Maintain CSI internal shared drive system including continual monitoring and direction to staff to ensure office wide standardization in use, as well as the tracking of critical CSI and school resources and information
- Coordinate with Building Management as needed and serve as the office Floor Warden the event of an emergency
- Coordinate all travel and meeting accommodations for CSI staff as requested, in compliance with CSI’s travel and financial policies and procedures
- Coordinate CSI social events in conjunction with the social committee
- Assist Human Resources with recruiting and employee onboarding/offboarding logistics
- Maintain common areas and shared spaces
- Manage inventory of all office supplies, and technology equipment including purchase of materials, in compliance with CSI financial policies and procedures
- Process payments to external vendors and CSI employee reimbursements
- Complete monthly purchasing card account allocations and ensure proper supporting documentation is on file. Track and report spending violations
- Collaborate with CSI’s Communications Department to support the development and implementation of communications initiatives
- Work with each of the CSI Departments on various projects
School Assessment Coordination (40% of time worked):
- Serve as the District Assessment Coordinator (DAC) to oversee all state-required assessments. Provide training, technical assistance, and compliance monitoring relating to state assessments related to logistics, administration, security, and reporting
- In coordination with the Data Submissions Coordinator, support schools in completing all of the assessment-related data collections including all student biographical data (SBD) submissions.
- Work with the Data Manager to validate and audit school assessment data collections to ensure the transmission of the most accurate data to CDE
- Serve as the access manager to manage relevant CSI and school accounts related to state assessments in CDE’s Identity Management System and CSI’s secure file system
As an employee of the Colorado Charter School Institute (State of Colorado), you will have access to a variety of benefits to include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, flexible scheduling, a work-life balance culture, no-cost life and disability insurance (with additional paid options), Flex Spending and Health Savings Account options, professional development opportunities, wellness offerings, a performance based bonus and membership in Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
At a minimum, we are looking for the following:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Strong time-management and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, professional written and verbal communication skills, and familiarity with modern workplace software programs and tools
- Some experience as an office administrator, office assistant or administrative role
- All final candidates must successfully pass a thorough criminal background check.
Ideal candidates will have some, or all, of the following education, skills, and abilities:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred (5+ years of successful work experience can be substituted for a degree)
- Data entry experience
- District assessment coordination experience
- Experience using accounting software
- Experience working with charter schools in Colorado
LOCATION & TRAVEL
This position may be partially remote for some period due to COVID-19 restrictions but will require full time availability during regular business hours in our Downtown Denver office at 1600 Broadway when restrictions are reduced.
CSI INCLUSION STATEMENT
As a statewide charter school authorizer, CSI recognizes that autonomy and diversity can drive innovation and improved outcomes, both in our schools and in our organization. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and strive to demonstrate this commitment in our recruitment efforts. We value the unique contributions that result from different perspectives and experiences as they make us stronger. CSI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, color, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment includes a standard office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. CSI may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
- Remote interview process
- Mostly virtual meetings for the time being
- Social distancing guidelines in place (when in the office)
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place (at the physical office)