Operations / Administration Part-Time Nurse
About Elm CCS
We are an interdisciplinary and collaborative learning environment focused on cultivating civically engaged student leaders. Essential to our school’s philosophy is a relevant hands-on curriculum, along with the commitment to nurture each student’s social and emotional intelligence. We are looking for a team of individuals committed to fostering an environment that is innovative, collaborative, and equitable for both students and staff. Join us!
Part-Time School Nurse
Elm Community Charter School is seeking a highly organized and community oriented Part-Time School Nurse who, alongside our Operations Team, will build a robust health program for our students. At Elm, we believe that healthy children are successful learners, we are looking for a passionate school nurse who advocates for the physical, emotional, mental, and social health of students.
- Provide healthcare to students and staff;
- Perform health screenings;
- Organize health records, including the management and collection of state-mandated health records (i.e. immunization records);
- Coordinate referrals to private healthcare providers;
- Serve as liaison between school personnel, family, and community healthcare providers to ensure a healthy school environment;
- Monitoring immunizations, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment as to prevent injury and ensure safety;
- Overseeing infection control measures;
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures, and the development of healthcare plans;
- Overseeing vision, hearing, body mass index, and mental health screening procedures;
- Making decisions related to the delegation of healthcare tasks as directed by state laws and professional practice guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Certified Registered Nurse;
- Ability to stay organized and effective despite a highly variable daily schedule;
- Strong communication with leadership, parents, and staff regarding individual student needs.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Have an incredibly high bar and keen eye for detail
- Deeply embed themselves into the community of the school, ensuring strong relationships, high engagement, and great operational results;
- Are a champion of Elm’s belief that all members of the school community must be active learners and participants in order to ensure a high quality education for all our learners;
- Are a resourceful problem-solver who proactively shares best practices that drive our operational excellence; and
- Have a growth mindset.
How to ApplyPlease apply via our website (http://elmcharterschool.org/work-at-elm/) by clicking the "Apply Now" link.
693 total views, 1 today