Operations / Administration President/CEO – Chavez Huerta K12 Preparatory Academy, CO
Chavez Huerta K12 Preparatory Academy
The Board of Directors of the Chavez Huerta K12 Preparatory Academy, Pueblo, Colorado, is seeking a highly qualified, educational leader to serve as President/CEO. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position on July 1, 2023
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development, has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Directors in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: 60 miles south of Denver
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership.
- Collaborator: A collaborative team leader who involves all parties impacted by a decision. A humble person who thrives on the voice of those served. Places high priority on academic achievement of all students. A competent fiscal agent who thrives on transparency. A leader who will empower staff and hold them accountable. A leader who is willing to listen to the experts in the school and is a good problem solver.
- Communicator: A visible leader who listens to the community, parents, students and staff. A person who is hands-on, open, approachable, and optimistic and understands that communication goes both ways. A person who writes and speaks with clarity. A person whose presence is seen in the classroom, at school activities and in the greater Pueblo community. A person who is comfortable with technology and understands the impact of social media on the system.
- Visionary: An inspirational, innovative, proactive, result driven problem solver with a clear vision for success. A strategic thinker who develops plans and builds an environment for continuous learning. A person who is not afraid to admit when wrong and willing to learn from those mistakes. A leader who will encourage innovation in the classroom, as well as in the board room.
- Educator: A school leader who has an MA degree . A curriculum and instructional leader aware of the latest learning research. A leader with computer literacy skills that will support the latest work in education. A leader who works to build a systemic/systematic process for learning starting with the school board.
- Passionate: A leader who puts kids first. A person who has the skills and ability to motivate staff and students to take our charter school to the next level. A person who understands and treasures our Latino charter school foundation and community. This person must have a good understanding of our students, their successes, and the challenges they face.
- Leader: A person of strong moral character who is trustworthy, has integrity and is ethical. A leader with a proven track record. A person who can build consensus and take the heat. A leader with a strong work ethic and willing to do the work of others. A leader willing to stay for the long term.
- Manager: A business minded educator with successful documented experience in public and charter school finance and operations. A person who knows how to manage a charter school focused on improvement.
Salary Range: $125,000 – $150,000
- Closing date for applications: March 14, 2023 (11:30 p.m. central time)
- Board of Directors selects finalists to interview: March 28, 2023
- Interviews with the Board of Directors: April 21, 22, 2023
- Selection of new President/CEO: April 25, 2023
- Start date: July 1, 2023