Principal or Vice Principal Principal
Location: Fitzsimmons Middle School
Schedule: 2019-2020 School Year – 215 days
Salary: Per Board approved Administrative Salary Schedule
Benefits: Eligible for PERA retirement plan
Sick/Personal days earned at 1 day for every 20 days worked
Licensed Emergency Leave Bank
Full-Time employees are eligible for the District Benefit Package (Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance)
Free employee access to District indoor swimming pool, workout area, and District property that offers hiking, mountain cycling, and a disc golf course
The Platte Canyon School District is committed to creating meaningful and engaging learning opportunities so that all of our students are well-prepared for post-secondary success, as well as positive contributions to their chosen communities. Our student-centered approach to education includes high expectations for student achievement and growth, as well as strong physical development and social-emotional well-being. The District serves the mountain communities of Bailey, Pine Junction, Shawnee, and Grant.
Fitzsimmons Middle School offers a small school setting with roughly 200 students nestled in the beautiful Platte Canyon just outside of Bailey, Colorado. In recent years, FMS has established itself as one of the top middle schools in Colorado, winning both the John Irwin School of Excellence and Governor’s Distinguished Improvement awards. FMS provides an academically rigorous environment and our staff members excel in providing personalized instruction for all students. Our mountain community location provides a unique setting in which students can explore educational resources such as the North Fork of the South Platte River, as well as our outdoor classroom that is nestled at the edge of the Pike National Forest.
Provide collaborative leadership in the following areas:
- Continuous school improvement aligned with the District’s Mission and State Accreditation
- Purposeful and inclusive curriculum and instructional strategies that are school-wide, standards-based, and focused
- Ongoing assessment of school progress and student achievement
- Job-embedded and discipline-based professional development
- Commitment to shared decision-making in a spirit of collaboration
- School climate development that fosters a just and equitable environment
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate staff members
- Provide a safe and secure educational environment
- Commitment to developing STEAM-based programming
- Possess Colorado Principal’s License
- Completed and submitted PCSD application online
- Minimum of three years experience as a school administrator
- Possess First Aid/CPR certification (May be obtained within 90 days of start date)
- Demonstrated experience in teaching, supervision and educational leadership
- Principal experience or its equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with data-driven school improvement processes that result in high academic achievement for all and elimination of achievement gaps
- Experience with a standards-base instructional system
- Knowledge of student assessment and data analysis for continuous improvement
- Current knowledge of effective instructional practices
- Strong planning, organization, motivation, management, supervision and evaluation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external audiences
- Experience with the MTSS process and the Standards-Based Teaching/Learning Cycle
- Knowledge of school-based budget/planning
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation, problem solving, and conflict management
- Understanding of processes that enhance learning opportunities for students with disabilities
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check.
SALARY: $80,000 or above (placement based on experience); excellent benefits package.
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 1, 2019
Apply Online www.plattecanyonschools.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Platte Canyon School District
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Colorado law, the Platte Canyon School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in admissions or access to its programs and services, or employment in the educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures for Title IX and Section 504 have been established for students, parents and employees. Compliance Officers have been assigned to coordinate compliance activities for the District. Written complaints of alleged discrimination should be addressed to one of the following individuals at the Platte Canyon School District, 57393 U.S. Highway 285, Bailey, Colorado 80421.
For employment-related complaints:
Mike Schmidt, Superintendent – District Compliance Officer
How to ApplyApply online www.plattecanyonschools.org
502 total views, 1 today