This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
20 Apr 2020
Principal or Vice Principal Principal
Job Title: Principal
Reports to: CEO
Role Purpose: The CEO delegates the Principal the responsibility for managing all operations of the school.
- Ability to perform the responsibilities of the Principal as outlined
- Position requires a minimum of a college degree in Education
- Passes criminal background check
- Previous work experience as a School Administrator
- Previous managerial/administrative experience
- Demonstrate leadership, strong interpersonal skills, be an effective communicator and motivator, exhibit strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Provide Professional Leadership for the School
- Articulate the school’s mission to all constituents (students, families, staff, and community)
- Be visible and accessible to members of the school community as well as the community outside our school. Greet families on a regular basis,
attend parent education meetings, be an energetic and positive voice in community functions, etc.
- Assist the CEO in developing long-range and strategic plans.
- Work with the staff to develop programs in accordance with the mission of the school
- Manage All School Operations in Accordance with Policies Set by the CEO
- Assume responsibility for hiring, scheduling, supervision, and dismissal of all staff. Provide an ongoing program for professional development.
- Administer the operating budget and be accountable to the Founder for effective business management.
- Prepare annual budget, including recommendations for additions or changes in personnel, facilities, and programs.
- Oversee admission of students and, in consultation with teaching staff, make final decisions regarding disciplinary action or dismissal.
- Manage and organize the accommodation efficiently and effectively to ensure it meets the needs of the curriculum, the school community and health and safety regulations.
- Manage, monitor and review the range, quality and use of all available resources in order to improve the quality of education, improve children’s’achievements, ensure efficiency.
- Continue to maintain an environment that promotes and secures good teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and good behavior in accordance with our policy.
- Organize, implement and monitor the curriculum and its assessment and ensure that it complies with the approved State Curriculum.
- Ensure that children develop study skills in order to learn more effectively and with increasing independence.
- Determine, organize and implement a policy for the personal, social and moral development of pupils.Monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching and learning and standards of achievement of the children in the school through appropriate methods. Determine and implement policies which promote: a) positive strategies for developing good race relations and dealing with racial incidents. b) Equality of access.
- Determine and implement positive strategies and programs which ensure good pupil behavior and self-discipline and give support and clear guidance on what would constitute exclusion.
- Continue to maintain an effective partnership with parents and the wider community to support and improve children’s achievement and personal development.
- Promote extra-curricular activities.
- Evaluate the Operations of the School.
- Conduct annual evaluations of all staff. After evaluations, develop and implement follow up plans if needed.
- Oversee student evaluation and assessment.
- Review operations to ensure compliance with requirements of all regulatory and accrediting bodies. Seek outside consultation if needed.
- Provide leadership for ongoing program evaluation. Observe all classes regularly.
- Meet monthly with all staff as a group. Meet with individual staff or teaching teams on a regular basis