Principal or Vice Principal Principal-Black Canyon High School
- Date Posted:
Black Canyon High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Site: Black Canyon High School
Direct Supervisor: Superintendent
Salary: A competitive salary commensurate with education and experience: Middle School Principal (range $85,953 -$105,570 based on the 22/23 salary schedules)
Work Calendar: Middle School Principal Schedule: Mid July – Early June (206 Days)
Black Canyon High School strives to provide opportunities for the students not succeeding in the traditional classroom setting to obtain academic credit, career exploration activities, vocational work experience, and extended teacher/peer support in an alternative setting where the ultimate goal is that of obtaining a diploma. This is done through methods aimed at helping and encouraging at-risk students.We will:
- Provide at-risk students with increased access to desirable social outcomes
- Provide a flexible and integrated academic and vocationally oriented curriculum which emphasizes the importance of school in preparing for later life
- Provide students with a success-oriented program to obtain academic and employability skills in a school environment
Check us out: Black Canyon High School
At MCSD, we care about our employees and their loved ones. Our benefits package consist of the following items: a variety of health insurance plans with employer contribution, including dental and vision insurance, Telehealth, a $50,000 life insurance policy with optional additional coverage, PERA retirement contribution, supplemental insurance options including pet insurance, no match tax shelter account options including 401K, 457(b), 403 (b) and Roth, before tax deductions and flexible spending options, paid leave options and holidays based upon the position, Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Added perks: Great people to work with, professional development and advancement opportunities, and multiple wellness programs and incentives.
Montrose County School District RE-1J is looking for a motivated, collaborative principal for Black Canyon High School. This school has approximately 150 students, 15 staff members. We are looking for a principal to continue to lead us through innovation, systems improvement, student engagement and advocacy. This leader should be able to communicate to the community and the school district, as well as to partner with other district schools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, development, organization, coordination, and supervision of instructional programs and activities, which includes curriculum development, program and activity development, and design and delivery processes, and in the development of implementation strategies.
- Work with the community, parents, and students in many activities, including volunteer involved parents and an active Parent Advisory Committee.
- Perform need assessments, feasibility planning, and a variety of other research and development functions and activities as assigned.
- Advise, counsel, and assist instructional, support, and ancillary personnel in problem solving activities pertaining to student behavior management, shaping, and control problems, and in the determination of alternative problem solutions.
- Review, inspect, audit, and evaluate student attendance processes and procedures, and recommends revisions as necessary to the process to ensure an effective and efficient operational mode.
- Supervise student registration and placement in accordance with individual student instructional needs.
- Support the planning, organization, and coordination of an instructional support program, including pupil services, instructional materials development, storage, and retrieval systems.
- Manage site budget planning and expenditure control process.
- Review, audit, and evaluate instructional and non-instructional personnel performance and provides technical performance evaluation input.
- May assist in the planning, development, and organization of District and site advisory committees and groups.
- Assist in development and implementation of staff motivational strategies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to see current strengths and challenges of school and staff and use those to provide constructive guidance.
- Experience using data to drive instruction and growth.
- Ability to facilitate partnerships with various programs and schools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish speaking – strongly preferred.
- Education must commensurate CDE’s licensure requirements.
- Hold a valid Colorado Principal’s license or the equivalent from another state.
- Three years of licensed experience in a middle school or secondary setting.
- Experience with diverse student populations.
- Three years of successful Principal or Assistant Principal experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 5 to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This type of work involves operating a vehicle, sitting, walking, and/or standing.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by weather may occasionally be experienced.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Condition of Employment: Insurability by the District’s liability insurance carrier.