Principal or Vice Principal Principal- Boulder Community School of Integrated Studies (BCSIS)
Boulder Valley School District is committed to creating challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social-emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Location: US:CO: BOULDER
School: Boulder Community School of Integrated Studies (BCSIS)
Position Title: Principal
Position Start Date: July 24, 2023
Position Type: Administration
Work Schedule: 215 Days – 12 Months
Salary Range 12: $98,464 – $147,744
Closing Date: March 15, 2023
Our school features an Arts Integrated curriculum in which creative expression acts as a vehicle for academic engagement and learning. Our teachers and students honor many modes of expression and celebrate cultural diversity. The BCSIS focus program integrates the arts into a rich, meaningful academic curriculum. Our staff also implements Waldorf-inspired practices to further enhance our classroom environments. Teachers use stories, songs, movement, art, and music from around the world as tools for teaching math, language arts, science, and social studies. We emphasize the development of children’s sensitivity to the natural world and aesthetic beauty. Our science curriculum supports an understanding of sustainable practices, incorporating our school’s Garden-to-Table and Green Team programs. Seasonal festivals create a framework for celebrating the growth and development of each child. Website: BCSIS
- Provide collaborative leadership in the following areas: Continuous school improvement aligned with the District Strategic Plan and State Accreditation.
- Purposeful and inclusive curriculum and instructional strategies that are school-wide and focused.
- Ongoing assessment of school progress and student achievement.
- Job-embedded and discipline-based professional development.
- Commitment to shared decision-making in a spirit of collaboration.
- School climate development that fosters a just and equitable environment.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate staff members.
- Provide a safe and secure educational environment.
- Currently hold a Colorado Principal License or have licensure application in process (must upload license or in process documentation to application).
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a school administrator.
- Letter of Interest outlining skills and abilities must be included in the attachment section of the application.
- Current Resume must be included in the attachment section of the application.
- Experience in teaching, supervision and educational leadership.
- Principal experience or its equivalent.
- Experience with data-driven school improvement processes that result in high academic achievement for all and elimination of achievement gaps.
- Knowledge of student assessment and data analysis for continuous improvement.
- Current knowledge of effective instructional practices.
- Strong planning, organization, motivation, management, supervision and evaluation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external audiences.
- Experience with the MTSS process and the Standards-Based Teaching/Learning Cycle.
- Knowledge of school-based budget/planning.
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation, problem-solving, and conflict management.
- Understanding of English Language Learners and appropriate programming.
Salary Range 12: $98,464 – $147,744
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
How to Apply
Application and Selection Procedure:
- Candidates are strongly encouraged when submitting the application to include in the attachment section of the application, three (3) professional letters of reference with phone numbers, Official University Transcripts, and a Copy of the Colorado Principal license or CDE Receipt confirming application(candidates are required to provide this documentation prior to the interview).
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.