Principal or Vice Principal Principal Elementary/Secondary
About Hamilton County
Hamilton County Schools, located in Chattanooga, TN, is seeking experienced and aspiring principals for school year 2018-2019.
Hamilton County has a bold goal: become the fastest improving school district in the state of Tennessee. To help us reach that goal, we are looking for dedicated and experienced instructional leaders for elementary, middle, and high school settings.
About this Position:
As a principal in Hamilton County, you will be responsible for building-level leadership at the school level. Our principal leaders will be continually focusing the work of their school, leading change, and developing purposeful community both within the school and in the larger community.
To assist you in your development as a leader, you will receive professional development and mentoring throughout your time with Hamilton County Schools.
- Demonstrate effective leadership by establishing a collaborative environment for school improvement
- Provide leadership that will ensure continuous improvement in measurable student achievement
- Support new and best practices in the area of instructional delivery
- Evaluate curriculum, instruction, assessment and student performance
- Lead professional learning
- Design, implement and interpret data systems that support instruction and assessment programs
- Establish a safe and orderly school environment
- Facilitate a group understanding and communication of diversity in an educational setting
- Work collaboratively with other district administrators
- Work with feeder pattern principals to establish successful transitions for student success
- Develop and implement a school-wide improvement plan
- Evaluate all certified and classified staff
- Effectively implement IDEA regulations
- Hold a master’s degree or above and hold a TN ILL-B (Beginner’s Administrator’s License) or ILL-P (Professional Administrator License). Valid TN teaching license required.
- At least 3+ years of successful administrative experience required as a Principal or Assistant Principal
Why Choose Chattanooga?
Chattanooga, TN, is a booming mid-size city located in Southeast Tennessee. Known for natural beauty, outdoor opportunities, access to the arts, and a thriving entrepreneurial community, our city is a great place to call home. Learn more about all that Hamilton County Schools and Chattanooga have to offer by visiting www.teachchattanooga.org
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please submit your resume to Teach@hcde.org with "Application: Hamilton County Principal Position" in the subject line.
259 total views, 1 today