Principal or Vice Principal Principal Fellow
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values every day:
Core Beliefs – Achievement
- Commitment 1: I commit to celebrating academic and personal success for all.
- Commitment 2: I commit to holding myself and others accountable to high expectations.
- Commitment 3: I commit to bringing passion and joy to my work.
Core Beliefs – Justice
- Commitment 1: I commit to intentionally disrupt inequity, bias, and systems of oppression.
- Commitment 2: I commit to creating an environment of safe body, mind, and heart.
- Commitment 3: I commit to building a community where each person can bring their full, authentic self.
- Commitment 1: I commit to the belief that we grow and get smarter through effort and by making mistakes.
- Commitment 2: I commit to showing up Con Ganas, where we never give up even when the work is hard.
- Commitment 3: I commit to showing up with integrity and doing the right thing even when the road is tough.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement a rigorous, comprehensive, standards-based curriculum.
- Execute a rigorous system for student assessment, data tracking, and appropriate student interventions.
- Support and develop teachers using frequent classroom observations, observation debriefs lesson plan reviews, data meetings, and formal reviews.
- Use data to drive instruction by creating and refining dashboards, conducting analysis, and developing concise teacher action plans.
- Sustain supporting logistics for the academic program, including staffing structure and schedule.
- Deliver a detailed professional development plan.
- Partner with the network team to recruit and select high-quality teachers and staff.
- Sustain rituals, systems, and structures that prioritize and promote college access and preparation.
- Design an age-appropriate, school-wide system to support student conduct and discipline.
- Lead community gatherings that set the tone for the academic program.
- Execute a comprehensive plan for extracurricular activities, including sports, arts, and other areas of interest.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and grade level meetings.
- Participate in regular instructional coaching meetings and content-based department meetings.
- Participate in STRIVE Prep’s Summer Training Institute as well as professional development throughout the school year.
- Attend regular Principal Fellows development sessions to develop the key skills necessary to school leadership.
- Regularly collaborate with other Fellows to give and receive feedback in order to hone their skills as school leaders including submitting videos of their work in action for feedback.
- Reflect on their own growth as school leaders individually, with their mentor principal and with their Managing Director.
- Ensure high levels of student attendance.
- Engage external partners to add value to the students’ experience of the school, especially in the areas of extracurricular activities.
- Understand, appreciate, and can pull from at least 3 years of teaching experience Have demonstrated proven school leadership skills in urban settings with an emphasis on data-driven instruction and demonstrable gains in student achievement (required).
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- Speaks Spanish and/or has experience working with English Learners
- Demonstrated success working with students of color
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation package.
- Annual performance-based raises.
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Funding of 100 percent of individual medical benefits and a wide range of insurance plans.
- Approximately three weeks of summer vacation, approximately four weeks of school holidays and vacations, and eight days of paid time off annually.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION STATEMENT
STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias and seek to provide each candidate with a unique and equitable opportunity for employment.