Principal or Vice Principal Principal – Gateway High School
Aurora Public Schools Principal Posting
Job Title: Urban High School Principal (Turnaround Opportunity)
Work Year: 261 Days
Department: Division of Equity in Learning
Reports to: Director, P-20 Learning Community
Salary Range: 10
Starting Salary: $115,546
Application Deadline: April 19, 2019
Learn More about Aurora Public Schools at https://hr.aurorak12.org/teach-lead-inspire/lead/
High School Openings:
Gateway High School – Job ID 13276
Experience: Over 3 years and up to and including 5 years of experience in building administration experience. Over 5 and up to and including 7 years of experience in teaching.
Aurora Public Schools is seeking innovative, dynamic, and passionate principal candidates to lead urban high school(s) in Aurora, Colorado. The principal’s primary job is to oversee and implement the school turnaround effort that focuses on achievement, social-emotional learning, and college and career success outcomes for all students. The principal will also manage performance and operations and will make instructional, budgetary, and personnel decisions that promote the vision, mission, core beliefs, and strategic plan of Aurora Public Schools.
- Drive implementation of the district and school vision, mission, and purpose to ensure a positive, achievement focused school culture.
- Effectively lead and operationalize the school turnaround plan to ensure every student will graduate college and career ready with a detailed plan; required skills, knowledge, and character; and credentials that guarantee individual student readiness to successfully navigate their future.
- Communicate and collaborate with families and community members, respond to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilize community resources.
- Engage parents and community partners to become actively involved in the school environment and extracurricular activities, generating a neighborhood-centered approach to learning and social emotional well-being.
- Lead the instructional infrastructure implementation and effectively coach teachers to ensure effective standards-based instructional strategies are implemented with high precision and impact.
- Serve as the instructional leader and role model by facilitating an achievement focused learning environment
- Spend a minimum of 50% of their time on instructional leadership by building equitable and sustainable systems throughout the school environment.
- Assume full responsibility for students’ achievement through the triangulation of academics, social-emotional well-being, and college and career readiness.
- Organizes collective effort to accomplish results for the school, its students, and community through the engagement of stakeholders to take part in the change initiative.
- Hire, lead, supervise, and develop a high-functioning team of educators who are focused on excellent academic performance and cultivate personal responsibility.
- Establish and relentlessly work to meet all established goals related to student achievement, student social emotional well-being, school culture, and post work-force readiness.
- Assume full responsibility for students’ achievement as related to academics and social-emotional well-being
- Develops systems and structures to hire and retain diverse, highly-effective staff.
- Honor and maintain compliance with district, state, and federal regulations for education policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Qualifications, Duties, and Responsibilities
|EDUCATION AND TRAINING:||Master’s degree in Education Administration or Curriculum Leadership.|
|SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EQUIPMENT & OTHER:||Advanced oral and written communication, public relations, instruction, curriculum, conflict resolution, multitasking, problem solving, facilitation, management, decision making, computer, and organizational skills. Advanced skills in working with students and staff with diverse needs at various levels. Ability to be flexible and patient and make change. Knowledge of instruction and curriculum. Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers, word process software and basic office equipment.|
|CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS:||Colorado Principal’s License required for hire. LDE certificate preferred.|
|SUPERVISION/TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITY:||Directly supervises all school personnel; may delegate some supervisory responsibilities to Administrative Team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; promoting and transferring employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, disciplining and terminating employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.|
|BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITY:||Solely responsible for developing, administering, monitoring and coordinating the assigned school’s budget. Develop and administer district account allocations. Develop and monitor grants awarded to the school site.|
|PHYSICAL DEMANDS:||While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand or walk and is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.|
|WORK ENVIRONMENT:||While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.|
|MENTAL FUNCTIONS:||While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to compare, analyze, communicate, synthesize, evaluate, use interpersonal skills and negotiate. Frequently required to coordinate, compile, instruct and evaluate.|
How to ApplyApply Now: 2019-2020 Principal Pool Screening https://www.applitrack.com/aurorak12/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=2019-20+Principal+Pool+Screening Select External Applicants or Internal Applicants, depending on current job position. Contact: Jessica Rodriguez, LC Director Administrative Assistant, at
Phone: (303) 340-0859
Fax: (303) 326-1966
648 total views, 2 today