Principal or Vice Principal Principal – High School
PERSONNEL VACANCY NOTICE
GARY COMMUNITY SCHOOL CORPORATION
1988 Polk Street
Gary, IN 46407
Melisha Jones-Henderson Dr. Pete Morikis,
Executive Director Human Resources Emergency Manager
POSITION: Principal – High School
SALARY: $90,000 – $95,000.00
REPORTS TO: Emergency Manager
To use leadership, supervisory and administrative skills to promote the educational
development of each student. Administers and coordinates curriculum and instruction for
the assigned school; supervises and evaluates programs and activities; establishes standards
and expectations for assigned school; communicates with school community.
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing
of all the duties and responsibilities performed by this position.
• Administers and coordinates curriculum and instruction for the assigned school.
• Establishes and maintains an effective learning climate in the school.
• Supervises and evaluates programs and activities.
• Maintains active relationships with student and parents.
• Prepares or supervises the preparation of reports, records, lists and all other
paperwork required or appropriate to the school’s administration.
• Develops and implements effective school/community relationships.
• Supervises the evaluation of the teaching, secretarial, and custodial staff in the
management of the school building and facilities.
• Establishes goals and objectives for the assigned school.
• Works with various members of the central administrative staff on school problems
of more than in-school import, such as transportation and special services.
• Prepares and conducts staff development activities.
• Establishes and implements policies and procedures for the assigned school.
• Makes recommendations concerning the school’s administration and instruction.
• Supervises the maintenance of all required building records and reports.
• Keeps supervisor informed of events and activities of an unusual nature as well as
routine matters related to the supervisor’s accountability.
• Interprets and enforces district policies and administrative regulations.
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of ensuring an efficient
and effective working environment.
Teachers and all other personnel assigned to the school.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Secondary education curriculum and instruction techniques.
• Preparing and administering the school budget and supervising school finances.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, students,
parents, and the public.
• Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Master’s degree in education, educational administration or a related area from an
accredited college or university. A minimum of five (5) years of successful teaching
experience. Demonstrated supervisory (administrative) experience in a secondary school
preferred. Previous administrative/supervisory experience.
Indiana Secondary Administrative/Supervisory License.
Required Testing: Drug Test
Clearances: Fingerprinting/Background Check
Human Resources Department
Certified: January 3, 2019
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEE
How to ApplyMETHOD OF APPLICATION: An on-line application, to include letter of interest and resume listing training, past job experiences and responsibilities should be submitted to: Gary Community School Corporation Click on “Employment Opportunities” www.garycsc.k12.in.us 1988 Polk Street Gary, IN 46407
413 total views, 1 today