Principal or Vice Principal Principal – Middle School
PERSONNEL VACANCY NOTICE
GARY COMMUNITY SCHOOL CORPORATION
1988 Polk Street
Gary, IN 46407
Melisha Jones-Henderson Dr. Pete Morikis,
Executive Director Human Resources Emergency Manager
POSITION: Principal – Middle School
SALARY: $83,000 – $87,000.00
REPORTS TO: Emergency Manager
To use transformational leadership, supervisory and administrative skills to create a nurturing
school climate that promotes student engagement and promotes academic performance.
Administers and coordinates curriculum and instruction for the assigned school; supervises
and evaluates classroom instruction; monitors student progress; sets standards and
expectations for the assigned school; communicates with the school community.
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of
all the duties and responsibilities performed by this position.
• Establishes and maintains an effective learning climate in the school.
• Administers and coordinates curriculum and instruction for the assigned school.
• Monitors student progress and uses data and research to assist with improving student
• Prepares and conducts staff development activities that are staff embedded.
• Initiates, designs and implements programs to meet specific needs of the school.
• Develops and implements effective school/community relationships.
• Administers, supervises and evaluates classroom instruction according to local and state
• Collaborates with staff to address the needs of adolescents through instruction, support
and research-based learning opportunities.
• Makes recommendations concerning the school’s administration and instruction.
• Prepares and administers the school budget and supervises school finances.
• Prepares or supervises the preparation of reports and records as required at the local
and state levels.
• Works with various members of the central administrative staff on school problems of
more than in-school import, such as transportation and special services.
• Keeps supervisor informed of events and activities of an unusual nature as well as
routine matters related to the supervisor’s accountability.
• Maintains active relationships with students and parents.
Teachers and all other personnel assigned to the school.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Secondary education curriculum and instruction strategies.
• Initiating curriculum programs which would include middle level exploratory concepts.
• Effective instructional strategies for students of varied abilities.
• Develop leadership among the teaching staff
• Manage the school’s educational and extra-curricular programs, activities and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Master’s degree in education, educational administration or a related area from an accredited
college or university. Previous administrative/supervisory experience preferred. A minimum
of five (5) years of successful teaching experience at the secondary level. Experience at the
secondary level preferred. Document skills in leading highly productive teams through
Possess or be eligible for Indiana Certification for Secondary Administration/Supervision.
Required Testing: Drug Test
Clearances: Fingerprinting/Background Check
Human Resources Department
Certified: January 3, 2019
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to ApplyMETHOD OF APPLICATION: An on-line application, to include letter of interest and resume listing training, past job experiences and responsibilities should be submitted to: Gary Community School Corporation Click on “Employment Opportunities” www.garycsc.k12.in.us 1988 Polk Street Gary, IN 46407
381 total views, 1 today